VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wheels are all the same size, on the back they seem to just fit into the arches but the front seems to stick out slightly. Are they too wide for me to put coilovers and lower? They are 19x8 with et35 with 19x235x35 tires, so on paper should fit fine.

Attachments

·
I don't care.....
786 Posts
The wheels are all the same size, on the back they seem to just fit into the arches but the front seems to stick out slightly. Are they too wide for me to put coilovers and lower? They are 19x8 with et35 with 19x235x35 tires, so on paper should fit fine.
Probably struggle with that width tyre tbh.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The coilover struts in the front will force you to get spacers, maybe as much as 25mm, so you'll have a lot of poke, and if the fender is lower than the top of the tire, it won't fit. If you set your ride height above the tire, you can make it work, but your wheels will poke out past the fender.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok, so basically no go on the drop with these front tires then. I like this tire width feels like more grip for sure, I think I will just leave the suspension as is, it doesn't look bad, just that lowered suspension looks great. Maybe in the future when these tires wear out I can think about going stretched on the front, but if I need to put spacers on them to fit coilovers then maybe different wheels would be in order.

What is the reccomended wheel/tire sizing for using coilovers then? (If I ever want to change in the future)

·
Yay!! Finally got a Bug!!
128 Posts
Maybe a very mild drop would work . But I found my bug sat pretty low to begin with . I wanted to lower it but found its the condition of the roads where I live it wouldn't be a good choice .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts