·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Phoenix Rising- T.J. Maher Memorial Studios

Are You Ready For Some Football?

2012 NFL Football Thread​

Here we are again:banana:

It's the most wonderful time of the year......FOOTBALL SEASON!
Well the Hall Of Fame game is in the books, and we're officially into pre-season.

Time to root for your team, or cry in the beverage of your choice over their performances, as we go through this 2012-2013 season. Running a little friendly smack is always good fun too.

So everyone have fun commenting on your teams. You are our correspondents- any NFL news you have to share is always a plus.

GAME ON!
Enjoy the season!

·
5/23/10 <3
10,906 Posts
Ravens win their first game!

I hate not having cable at times...can't watch my home team often :( Looks like the Panthers have their first game tomorrow. There is some hope they may actually do well this year...we'll see.

My eyes are on the NC State football team pretty close this year too. We finally got into a Bowl game last year. Students are moving in this weekend (which means there will be far less parking next week behind my building :mad:) so football on campus will be ramping up!

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point on the college scope of things....being that's what makes up the NFL. I'm a PSU fan, so we know how that's gonna go. Thankfully I'm a Gator fan too... at least i have something happy to hang my hat on

Well my Jags play tonight. I'm hoping to see Gabbert come into His own and show positive QB development. That and our receiver core being able to complete a route and catch a deep pass. Having MoJo holding out (still) is a blessing in disguise, for it will allow the offense not to be so RB dependent & get the ball down the field.

Go Jags!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.com App

·
5/23/10 <3
10,906 Posts
Our marching band practices on the field behind my office. They are out there today for the first time. Just played the NCSU fight song...ready for some football for sure! Hoping to get to a game this year!

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JAGS WIN!

Okay, it's preseason... still, it's a nice way to start things off.

Our receivers need to hold on to the ball and quit with all the turnovers. Gabbert looked pretty good. Only hoping this is the shape of things to come.

·
1999 Beetle TDI
332 Posts
JAGS WIN!

Okay, it's preseason... still, it's a nice way to start things off.

Our receivers need to hold on to the ball and quit with all the turnovers. Gabbert looked pretty good. Only hoping this is the shape of things to come.
Both teams looked rusty... 21 points from dropped punt returns??The replacement refs are surely a joke.They had no clue as to what to call. Kept having conferences between them.Overall,I think both teams played well and will get alot better.Even though it was preseason,it's still football...

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Both teams looked rusty... 21 points from dropped punt returns??The replacement refs are surely a joke.They had no clue as to what to call. Kept having conferences between them.Overall,I think both teams played well and will get alot better.Even though it was preseason,it's still football...
Yeah, the refs were pretty sloppy.

I think the Jags needed the win more than the Giants. With Gabbert now with a full training camp under His belt, and a new coaching staff that gives a care; and with a receiver core that needs development and confidence... The Jags needed that win. I'm just hoping it will really push them in a positive direction.

Again, it's preseason- I think your Super Bowl Champ NY Giants will be just fine.

BTW....LOVE Coach Coughlin! He's what gave the Jags their pizzazz back in their early years. It's sad that we didn't appreciate what we had until He left:(. I'm glad you all didn't get Him gone early last season... holding on to Him paid off. When He retires, He'll have a spot in our ring of honor, known as "the pride of the Jaguars".

Thanks Coach Coughlin for such great memories!

·
1999 Beetle TDI
332 Posts
I was impressed with the Jag's defense too They have some great talent on there.If not this year,I look for them to make a big splash by next year.Both teams need to stop the sloppy drops.Overall,it was great to have football back!

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dee, as memory serves me our defense was ranked #6 last year...i know top 10, but i'm sure #6. Anyhoo, the beauty of our team (other than getting rid of Coach DelRio & most of the coaching staff) is the retaining of our D. cooridinator Mel Tucker. He's well respected in the NFL coaching circles & was even interviewed by the Vikings.

I believe coach Tucker will continue to keep our D in top 10 ranking. Now if our offense can get as good as our D (no more sloppy), we might sniff the playoffs.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
GO BIG BLUE!! :banana: :D

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Hello to everyone!

I'm so ready for the season to start. It comes with unknowns this year for us Steeler fans.

We released four veteran players and a OC (Bruce Arians).
We picked up Todd Hailey former HC of KC, he's a Pittsburgh native and his dad had ties to the Steelers.

We had a good draft. I'm gonna stay upbeat even though we lost our first preseason game. We will be competitive.

Good luck to all!:)

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
View attachment 95403 for my NO Saints Fans

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of that on both sides of the ball in the crowds. LOL...I could see folks just waving individually wrapped Bounty rolls in the stands. It's all good!

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of that on both sides of the ball in the crowds. LOL...I could see folks just waving individually wrapped Bounty rolls in the stands. It's all good!

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App
The Saints are a never say die squad. The bounty gate and its suspensions will only fuel them, which scares me.... Dem Dad gum Who Dats :lol:

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

1 - 20 of 250 Posts