Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Phoenix Rising- T.J. Maher Memorial Studios

Are You Ready For Some Football?

2013-2014 NFL Football Thread​

It's on!

It's the most wonderful time of the year......FOOTBALL SEASON!
Well the Hall Of Fame game is on as I post.... we're officially into pre-season, and into the 2013-2014 NFL Season.

And NO, this isn't a soccer thread :p

Time to root for your team, or cry in the beverage of your choice over their performances, as we go through this 2013-2014 season. Running a little friendly smack is always good fun too.

So everyone have fun commenting on your teams. You are our correspondents- any NFL news you have to share is always a plus.

GAME ON!
Enjoy the season!

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
Yeah, baby. Go Green Bay! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
What we learned Monday: Vince Young is back

@footballtshirteu

You have to admire Vince Young's patience.

He passed on football purgatory, aka the CFL. He told anyone who would listen all he wanted was a backup job in the NFL. His stated goal from the beginning was to find stability and a team with an entrenched quarterback. Young wanted to work with someone he could learn from.

Now 30 and with six NFL seasons behind him, this was a statement that only could be made with a belly full of humble pie. And yet, that's how Young has positioned himself: a talented-but-flawed project in desperate need of guidance.

And so now here we are. As of Monday, Young is under contract with the Green Bay Packers, sitting in meetings with the best quarterback on the planet. Aaron Rodgers is about as good a mentor as Young could've asked for.

Read more:What we learned Monday: Vince Young is back - NFL.com

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's make or break it for BOTH of our Jags QB's, Blane Gabbert & Chad Henne. None have really pulled away as the difinitive Jags starting QB. Right now both are backups at best. When the smoke clears one or both might be gone at seasins end. Still I remain optimistic and hope Gabbert, the younger of the two will surprise us all and make us Jaguar fans apologize for our skepticism.

GO JAGS!!!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Hoping my Ravens can have another stellar season! It will be interesting to see who takes the lead and how well they come together as a team with Ray Lewis being gone...

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
yea buddy. my team has tony **** on it. id rather have that one guy that played for denver then the jets... tim tebow. :(

----> one pissed off cowboys fan

-jd

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Steelers fan, checking in!:)

I love this time of the year. Our dreams are unlimited and we all have a chance for the "Big Dance".

The Steelers have a lot of ground to make up in the AFCN.

I hope they're ready. I know I am.

Go Steelers

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Opening week and the Steelers are in 1st Place in the AFCN!:p

Unfortunately,everyone in the AFCN is in 1st place.

The Steelers looked horrid. We lost our starting Center,Mack MLB,CB and RB to season ending injuries. Yippee!

Now we head to Cincinnati for Monday Night Football!

Gonna be a long season for Steeler Nation.

Steelers 9 Titans 16

Steelers 0-1

GO STEELERS!

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Opening week and the Steelers are in 1st Place in the AFCN!:p

Unfortunately,everyone in the AFCN is in 1st place.

The Steelers looked horrid. We lost our starting Center,Mack MLB,CB and RB to season ending injuries. Yippee!

Now we head to Cincinnati for Monday Night Football!

Gonna be a long season for Steeler Nation.

Steelers 9 Titans 16

Steelers 0-1

GO STEELERS!
Johnny my good man, cheer up... you could be the Jaguars...oof:pinch:

I know my Jags are basically a new squad, but a 28-2 loss?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! And we didn't cross the 50 yard line until a little under 7 minutes left in the game? Heck, we didn't cross the 36 until early in the 4th!?! Beyond belief.

I know we're building, and expecting more losses than wins. But crimeny crickets!!!...we didn't even show signs of competitiveness!!! Absolute hot garbage!

Gabbert in NOT the QB for my Jags. If he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and performs a miracle season, I'll stand on the steps of Jacksonville City Hall and apologize to Blane, but I think I'm safe on that wise. I'd be happy if He can provide the skills to help our receiving core develop, but that looks like a no-go. Anyhoo, Gabbert will be out for the next 2 weeks to recover from a 15-stitch cut on his right hand...a blessing for us; He's just not good. And enter Chad Henne. Not a ton better than Blaine, but at least we can see a bit of production from Him a better chance of winning a few games.

It's plain as day that we'll be drafting a QB in next year's draft- YES, Jacksonville is talking 2014 draft already. Still I'll stick with my team and wear the battle scars with pride when we become a relative team on the rise.

GO JAGS!!!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Ugh. I don't want to talk about the Ravens game the other night :( Pitiful. Hoping they just need a few games to work things out with some of their big players gone. Though pre-season was decent (but they managed to lose to the Panthers so I should have seen it coming...). Fingers crossed. I still love my birds!

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Al,

I feel your pain. We got a weird safety on the first kick-off of the game and didn't score a TD until 1:23 left!

We are #1 at forcing safety's on the Kick-offs!:D

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Bengals 20 Steelers 10

After a day to clear my head, I have decided not to drive over to
Pittsburgh and jump off a bridge.

Just as well, I hear there's a 72 hr waiting list.

Steelers 0-2

Go Steelers

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
Steelers Knock Knock Joke

ouch. still funny...:wink2:

I think the Stillers will be in the mix later in the season, though.

Go Pack Go!

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
It's all good guys. I love the game, when you are committed to a team, you are committed.

57 years for me and the Steelers, I've lived the bad and the good.

I still hate losing.;)

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's all good guys. I love the game, when you are committed to a team, you are committed.

57 years for me and the Steelers, I've lived the bad and the good.

I still hate losing.;)
That's the spirit ol boy! Teams like yours keep me inspired. You all have seen the bad times and felt the rise to the playoffs & the Super Bowl. When that day comes for my Jags I can say that I stuck with them through the crappiest of times.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
That's the spirit ol boy! Teams like yours keep me inspired. You all have seen the bad times and felt the rise to the playoffs & the Super Bowl. When that day comes for my Jags I can say that I stuck with them through the crappiest of times.
only way to do it...i was lucky enough to have kid tickets to Green Bay home games at City Stadium (now Lambeau Field) in the early 60s...got to watch Bart Starr, Jerry Kramer, Jim Taylor, Ray Nitschke, and all the others during some special seasons.

several lean years After Lombardi and Before Holmgren, never rooted for anyone else. :)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts