NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You Are 84% Ready to Be a Parent

You are totally ready to be a parent. You pretty much have your life in order.
In fact, there's a good chance you've been thinking about starting a family.

You are financially and emotionally stable. You would provide a good home for a kid.
It's also likely that you understand kids well. You've spent a fair amount of time around children.

If you're already a parent, you are doing great!
Keep it up. More kids wish they had parents like you.

Are You Ready to Be a Parent?

·
Your mileage may vary
7,566 Posts
You Are 12% Ready to Be a Parent

You are definitely not ready to be a parent.
You don't have much support, and you don't have the emotional resources to have a kid.

This doesn't mean that you would be a bad parent, it just means you have some work to do.
Get your finances, health, and relationships in order. Then you'll be ready to have a kid.

If you do happen to be a parent, hang in there - and try to find support where you can.
Things can only get better from here.

·
50% OLD (o\_l_/o) School
1,432 Posts
You Are 96% Ready to Be a Parent

You are financially and emotionally stable. You would provide a good home for a kid.
It's also likely that you understand kids well. You've spent a fair amount of time around children.

·
hippiechick
883 Posts
good to know .... but not for a couple years still:D

You Are 88% Ready to Be a Parent

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
You Are 8% Ready to Be a Parent

You don't have much support, and you don't have the emotional resources to have a kid.

This doesn't mean that you would be a bad parent, it just means you have some work to do.
Get your finances, health, and relationships in order. Then you'll be ready to have a kid.

If you do happen to be a parent, hang in there - and try to find support where you can.

Oops! Too late..... :eek:

·
Registered
162 Posts
D'OH! Must be my raging drug addiction :confused:

You Are 40% Ready to Be a Parent

Even though you might feel ready, you're really not ready to be a parent.
Having a kid will drain your resources. And you simply don't have enough to give right now.

You would make a great parent one day, but you need to improve your life first.
You want to make sure your relationships are as stable as possible.

If you're already a parent, times are probably a bit tough for you.
Just keep doing the best you can!

·
Registered
89 Posts
You Are 76% Ready to Be a Parent

I did find this amusing. Because now matter how hard you try with reading books, planning, etc - your not ready. We waited a long time, but that was because we didnt want children at first. We wanted to go out have fun... ride motorcycles across the country kind of stuff.

Funny things about having a baby:
1. The poop doesnt smell at first coming home from hosipital - its like tar. (just a way to break you in slowly).
2. I have been pee'd on by both my son and daughter (cold air from removing diaper affects both).
3. As food progresses, the poop does get worst smelling... oh the horrors... trying to cover the mouth and avoid that pee stream shooting up at you, all while trying to lift the legs and get diaper out of immediate airway.
4. For the first month or two you are just treading water trying to stay alive with little sleep (although the pee in the face will wake you up). Its basically like getting up every 3 hours to feed the baby... we took shifts. I was on early morning from 4am-7am until leaving for work. Then again when I got home at 6pm-12am.
5. We did take courses at the hospital on taking care of babies. It was worth it to take.
6. We had no family in Memphis for support. Its doable, but much harder.
7. You will find yourself getting up to check if the baby is breathing at all hours (missing good sleep time).
8. They can crawl faster than you think. Once you think you have it under control, they start walking and its a whole new game. They get into stuff you just cant imagine. They learn by touch/feel/taste. So, dont be surprised when anything in the hand goes into the mouth. I do mean anything.
9. Then talking, and more importantly repeating what is said. (like when dad hits his thumb with hammer fixing roof). Kids are also very blunt and honest. They have no control (it has to be taught/learned) about what comes out of their mouth. I can still remember my son stating my wife was fat. This was a fun talk taken outside while mommy paid for groceries. Come to find out... he learned this from TV commercials. Good behaviors are learned over time. They dont mean anything bad, they just have to learn what is proper.
10. Kids are like a roller coaster. It will make you laugh, cry, scream, and still leave you wanting more. I couldnt imagine life without them.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's amazing how much things can change in a little less than a year :)

You Are 96% Ready to Be a Parent

Blogthings: Discover the Parts of Your Personality that Have Been Hiding

·
5/23/10 <3
10,933 Posts
Not too shocking on this one. We want to wait a number of years anyway. But one day...:)

You Are 48% Ready to Be a Parent

Even though you might feel ready, you're really not ready to be a parent.
Having a kid will drain your resources. And you simply don't have enough to give right now.

You would make a great parent one day, but you need to improve your life first.
You want to make sure your relationships are as stable as possible.

If you're already a parent, times are probably a bit tough for you.
Just keep doing the best you can!

Blogthings: Waste Time at Work!

·
;P
2,677 Posts
Sounds about right :eek:

You Are 16% Ready to Be a Parent

·
Bobby's Mommy
1,636 Posts
I aint even gonna take this. But I will reply with a
"Heck no and NEVER":D

Neil's not happy about this. He thinks I'll change my mind as I get older-Something about a biological clock. But for personalities like mine, I'm selfish, and I'm the teacher type. I'll end up with 5 cats in my 40's and be perfectly content.

Neil will probably divorce me at this point (i.e. if we do ever get married)

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts