NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My arm rest has been like this since I got the car, and it has always bugged me. I've tried countless times to push it into place but it wont budge. Has anyone else had this problem? or know how it might be fixed? I think some of the tab connections are broken. :confused:

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
It's possible some tabs are broken. It just clips into place and the plastic tabs are very thin. Take a good look to make sure you are lining everything up when you are trying to push it into place.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's possible some tabs are broken. It just clips into place and the plastic tabs are very thin. Take a good look to make sure you are lining everything up when you are trying to push it into place.
Thanks for the advice marvins_dad
I took a closer look today and all but one tab is gone and the one left is cracked.

I guess I'll have to find some way of getting it flush.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,406 Posts
mine have been a PITA for years. :(

when I get Ikiane back for good in a month or two, i'm going to "glue" them in place....i'll probably use clear silicon sealant or trim adhesive to do the job.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine have been a PITA for years. :(

when I get Ikiane back for good in a month or two, i'm going to "glue" them in place....i'll probably use clear silicon sealant or trim adhesive to do the job.
I'll probably be resorting to gluing it back into place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts