NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 03 Beetle with Tan interior. Armrest will not stay in postion--it will drop down with very little presure- have taken the armrest out -- cant figure how to get the compoents apart to see what might be broken-- cant find a diagram with enough detail to see how it might be taken apart--

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Somebody recently posted about fixing theirs. I'll have to see if I can find the link. If I do I'll put it here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still frustrated

I followed to link that shows the plastic gromets are the key-
I did clean them and the rubber flange--I was able to get them into place by using a hand vice-- but they will not stay in place without the presure from both sided--question--could these gromets be glued into place-- aluminium and plastic

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our center armrest does the same thing. Ill try the fix as well and glad I found several forums on how to fix this annoying issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Had the same problem! luckily i found a armrest at pick and pull! It didn't have the lid for it but because i had my old one i popped it into it. Only cost me 10 dollars... which is a steal compared to the 300-400 dollar armrest price from the dealer.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts