NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone through any of the programs offered by the Art Institutes? I saw that silverspeedbuggy and digitalputty have or are going.

I am pondering changing my career focus. So I have a few questions:

Is the high tuition worth it? Did/do you think you got your money's worth?

Do they help with job placement after graduation?

Is the curriculum relevent to today? (An exaggerated example would be if they were teaching how to create glass photo plates rather than digital imaging)

Any thoughts on the Art Institutes would be greatly appreciated too. :wave3:

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
First narrow down which art institute you want to attend. That can be done somewhat by trying to do a self appraisal of what you think you would be good doing. Do you want to go digital, or more hands on? Do you want to do three dimensional work (sculpt), two dimensional (paint, graphic arts, photo), animation, cinema, or something else? What field are you wanting to join?
There are a lot of good schools out there. Some try to do everything. Some just teach a few things, but do it extremely well.
Do you want a BFA degree, or just good training? Do you want to attend class and be with other people for the interaction of ideas, or do you want to learn at home at your own pace? Every person will have different goals, and needs. Choose well.

·
Beetle driver since '73
60 Posts
My daughter just graduated last night from the Art Institue (AI) of Schaumburg (affiliated with the Illinois Institute of Art) in Media Arts and Animation.

She is very talented and really enjoys what she does.

The tuition is high, and job placement services are limited.

Is it worth it? Well time will only tell. We committed to helping her through a school program she loved. Now it's up to her. Check back in 6 months to see if we're still sending her money!.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts