NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this is my first post to newbeetle.org

I am having problems with my car stalling. While driving the ASR light will come on. There is nothing wrong with the traction control or ABS (I tested them out the other day on some snow). Once I turn the car off and restart it, the light will be off. Then when the car is warm it will stall at a stop light or when there is no throttle being applied at low speeds. It doesn't sound rough, it just stops running. It starts right back up and runs great for a couple weeks, no lights are on or anything else. Then after a week or two the same thing will happen. I the the fuel system cleaned and the filter replaced, they also replaced the thermostat. Does anyone have any ideas to what is going on, have any of you had the same problem. I am going to scan it later on but wanted to post this ASAP to see if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What my stalling issue was

Hey all, this is my first post to newbeetle.org

I am having problems with my car stalling. While driving the ASR light will come on. There is nothing wrong with the traction control or ABS (I tested them out the other day on some snow). Once I turn the car off and restart it, the light will be off. Then when the car is warm it will stall at a stop light or when there is no throttle being applied at low speeds. It doesn't sound rough, it just stops running. It starts right back up and runs great for a couple weeks, no lights are on or anything else. Then after a week or two the same thing will happen. I the the fuel system cleaned and the filter replaced, they also replaced the thermostat. Does anyone have any ideas to what is going on, have any of you had the same problem. I am going to scan it later on but wanted to post this ASAP to see if anyone else has had this problem.
Hi,

Just wanted to share my fix in case it helps someone else.
I have a turbo 1.8 2002. It died on me a few times and the same light came on as mentioned above.
If I waited a bit, it started again, but with hardly any power. It was the throttle body. It had an intermittent electric problem in the computer part of the throttle body. I bought a used one, replaced it, and I am running again.
The TB from a 2002 to 2006 can be used if it has the same part number. They changed in late 2006.
A new one was 900.00. My used one does fine. I was able to get a 2005 model for a couple hundred.

Caperica

1 - 3 of 3 Posts