NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
B
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says... Just can't figure this one out. Finally got the vac leaks taken care of, but this one just won't go away. Any ideas? I scanned for codes already with the VAG COM (free version) and got none. the light comes on at around 5000 rpm and will not go back off until I shut off the car and restart. And it does it every time. So I'm stumped. Doesn't seem to be affecting driveability, but it's darn annoying!

About the vac leaks though. I bought the silicone hose kit from 034 Motorsports and it fit quite well. But I must warn that the pcv valve that they supply with their kit is inadequate for a turbo motor. This is something I learned a while back because of my Thunderbird Turbo. Blow in the end of the pcv valve. If any air gets through, so does boost and that's no good. This one was a prime example of a cheap pcv valve. Went to VW and got a factory pcv valve to replace it and all is good.

·
B
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
under hard acceleration... forgot to mention that part

·
B
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've been driving it pretty easy lately for the most part so it generally doesn't come on much. I don't hold it at or above 5000rpm. I'll get on it occasionally when I have to. The light hadn't come on at all in the past couple of days until today. I was slowing down for a red light, the light turned green, I got on the gas (~1/4 throttle), and the light came on almost immediately. This time it was at only ~2200 rpm.

I check the codes again today and got a P0171... again. Didn't have that any codes 2 days ago. But the CEL hasn't come on at all since I replaced the last of the vacuum hoses. I'm going to break out the smoke machine again and see if I can come up with anything there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts