NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr. Retro
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Bullitt" is a 1973 Type 143 Karmann Ghia coupe, 1600cc dual-port flat-4, 4-speed stick, Sambesi Green on Leather Beige, with option M 002 U.S.-Equipment Group, which is M 027 Exhaust Fumes Regulations, M 054 Lockable Glove Box, and M 128 White wall tires (the only thing she's missing - and yeah, I'll probably get those eventually).

She was built on April 9, 1973, and left the factory on April 10, 1973. Her destination port was San Francisco, and she spent most of her life in California. As far as I can tell, the second owner bought her from the first in CA and used her for a college car. Upon finishing college, he moved to Texas, married, and later on down the line sold her to me so he could have another car that could hold a baby seat. I've had her since 2000.

The only mods are a modest four-speaker Pioneer sound system, and the gorgeous wood slat decklid rack, hand-made by a gent in Washington State (who I believe no longer makes VW racks). Don't want to go too crazy on a car this clean and original! :)

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
kevin that thing is nuts, i love it, gonna leave it pretty stockish?

·
Mr. Retro
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jackfrost said:
kevin that thing is nuts, i love it, gonna leave it pretty stockish?
Thus far, I have. I'm of two opinions as to what I want to do with the car:

1. Keep it pretty much as-is (still needs the whitewalls, though).
2. Do some small mods, to give it a kind of Grand Touring feel.

Either way, I'm not going to make it too elaborate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts