VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of replacing my audio system in my turbo S with monsoon System. I have jbl gto608c components along with a jbl 1014 10" sub and box in the trunk... I'm trying to get rid of my sub all together and get back my trunk space so I've found several 6.5-6.75 subs but I got a kicker shallow mount. My idea is to replace the stock speakers with better ones and replace in the subs with real subwoofers just 6.75-6.5 in size will this give me the same effect as having a 10" sub in the rear...? If not 2 "door subs" how bout 4 6.75-6.5 subwoofers?

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Moved to car audio forum...

I'm sure somebody will be a long to help, I don't know diddly squat about what speakers are best with what but replacing the stock speakers couldn't hurt at all.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Sure thing, I never really bother with the apps, seems to make it more confusing to me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just trying to figure out if 2 or 4, 6.7 real subwoofers would be enough bass as if I only had one 10" in a box :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm sorry to interrupt, but will someone please tell me where to find the "new thread" icon so I can ask my question. THank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
I'm sorry to interrupt, but will someone please tell me where to find the "new thread" icon so I can ask my question. THank you.
Just look for this button

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hooked up the kicker 40cwrt672 to the factory amp in place of the stock speaker.. Wow...... 10x better than stock sub. The passenger side distorts like crazy (stock speaker) while the kicker seems to want more... So far in really liking the way it sounds my only issue is the mdf rings I used to space it and install the sub isn't allowing the trunk/gas switches to stay in place I'll figure it out some other time right now I'm just enjoying the sound and I def think replacing all 6.5 stock speakers with the puppies would sound just as good as a 10" sub....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Just to update and put this thread to sleep at least on my behalf im done with my audio setup in my car...

I went with 4 kicker 40cwrt671
To replace my 6.5 speakers all around for subs. I manage to adapt cdt es 03 for mids on the dash stock location and my component jbl tweeters off my old setup front and back.

Everything is hooked up to my rockford amp 5ch pushing a total of 600w. 300 for sub channel and 300 for all the other speakers

I now have my trunk space back and im super happy with the sound and bass im getting my decible according to the phone has gone up from 60-70s stock to 80-90 with the new setup.

Ive also install dynamat and dynaliner just about everywhere i could. Took a while to get it all done due to $$$ being tight but well worth it.

Ill look thru my pics and hopefully have some but picture taking wasnt my priority so wony be much install pics mostly just installed* lol and done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts