NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
100% Texan 100% NBC Lover
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a club in Austin. I would love to show off my NB Convert/Turbo but don't see a club to do so....

Where's the Beef?:confused:

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
Yeah I been wonderin' where the beef is in San Antonio too. :(

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at your :confused:VWVortex:confused:................ No, Not what i was looking for. I am looking for a new beetle only, or at least a "Beetle" only club in Austin. The people with their jettas and passats can't appreciate the joy and rewards of having a beetle.:cool::cool::cool:

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Austin Club

Still no responses on the Dub Club? Looks like I am going to have to try to get one together myself. I am going to start with the Austin members to see if they want to meet at least once a month at a central location.

If your from Austin, give me a tap to let me know you want to start a club....;)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Still no responses on the Dub Club? Looks like I am going to have to try to get one together myself. I am going to start with the Austin members to see if they want to meet at least once a month at a central location.

If your from Austin, give me a tap to let me know you want to start a club....;)
I'm from Killeen, north of Austin, but I'd be down for starting a club...

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's two Bugs

It can be a club of two! LOL

·
irishyardball
222 Posts
yeah sorry, i haven't been back to this thread sooner.

i'd be down for a nB Club.

the people in that VWVortex Club are pretty nice, and extremely helpful.

also, if there was another nB there, it wouldn't feel so out of place.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Austin DubClub

Well, if ya'll are serious and want to get a club started then we need to just start it. I Love my car and have been a VW fan sense high school back in '87 when I got my '73 Super Beetle.

We need to pick a spot and then just meet up one day during the weekend. Salsa-man and TurboS03 have the most distance so you two would have more of a say so when to meet. Why don't you two talk it out in this thread and we can just listen in. Once ya'll have a time, and it works for at least most of us, then we can pick a spot.

Later,:thup:
"KobzBug"
AKA: Kirk
:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
756 Posts
well not being from Austin I would have to defer on picking a meeting spot, don't know any... maybe a good BBQ spot or something like that..???

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why don't you and Salsa man work out a time and we can work out a place later. I just sent Curly a message about our interest in starting a club. She was on a different thread so she might chime in. I also know someone that has a '03 black vert that might be interested.

Lets get this thing going and give it some legs so it takes off...

Just keep the thread going....

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Austin Club

Yes, I agree completely. I will ping him and see what he says.....

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
Hey - sorry about that. I missed the follow on activity on this thread after my last post. :p

So I PM'ed you guys back. But I will repeat here for everyone's info. So weekends are best for me - I don't know if anyone was thinking about meeting during the week anyway. So a weekend for me is Fri night, all day Sat or Sun. Having said that, Feb is tough month for me but because of so many business trip I gotta go on. Thats not normal for me however. So in Feb, there are some days I can come up. I can meet Jan 23, 30, 31, Feb 5, 6, 19, & 20. After Feb I can be much more flexible.

Where we meet? I would assume Austin. It's about midway between San Antonio and Killeen. If we get together on a Fri night then I would ask for somewhere around South Austin since the Fri night traffic on I 35 b/t SA and Austin is NIGHTMARE-ish. My preference would be for Saturdays tho. Gives me time to wash my NB in the morning and not have weekday traffic on I35 to deal with.

Thoughts?

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Austin Club

Well we need more input. Salsa-man was able to come up with some dates and that is great. I have no problem committing to some dates but what do other people think. I think weekends are good too. Saturday for sure. This is going to be a nice weekend this weekend, and I plan on having my top down and go riding around with my wife. :cool:
Have not done that in a few months....

We all need to look at our calendars and come up with some dates. Once we have the dates we can agree on a place.

If we do meet some were, it should be somewhere that sells beer. Call the first meeting "Beers and Bugs" or "Brews and Beetles".

What do ya'll think?

I am free almost any weekend unless i am heading out of town, so we need to get some more opinions on this. I am pretty flexible on dates.

PS: If you know any other NB owners let them know.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm good for weekend as well... as for dates, Jan 23, 30, 31, Feb 5, 6 are good for me so far.. this Sunday is out, but Saturday should be good and yeah beer and BBQ or burgers sounds good.. a road trip through the hill country might be nice too....

·
Registered
756 Posts
bump to keep the tread going... sent a PM to vdub00 lets see what he has to say... maybe we can plan something for this weekend...

1 - 20 of 210 Posts