NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
member of the old *****
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two beetles a 2000 and a 2003.my dealers service text told me that vw scent a sb that said not to open up the auto trans that fluid was life time and trans would do better by not changing fluid ?:confused:

·
NKAWTG-N
62 Posts
tdi jerry said:
i have two beetles a 2000 and a 2003.my dealers service text told me that vw scent a sb that said not to open up the auto trans that fluid was life time and trans would do better by not changing fluid ?:confused:
You are correct. The fluid is supposed to be good for 100,000 miles. I doubt it but that's their story. IT is a very involved procedure to change the fluid.

·
member of the old *****
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
auto trans

Stinkbug said:
You are correct. The fluid is supposed to be good for 100,000 miles. I doubt it but that's their story. IT is a very involved procedure to change the fluid.
my 2000 beetle has a 140,000 on it now and the trans fluid has never been changed.i don't realie like that but every time i ask the service manager or vw tect they say do not change it.:confused:

·
253 Posts
Our first NB was a used 98 GL with AT with about 56K miles. It started shifting funny so I took it to a local garage. They dropped the pan and found the transmission filter laying in the bottom. It had come off for some reason allowing dirty fluid build up. Replaced the filter and fluid, which improved shifting.
juice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts