NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Booyakasha
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody out there has chip their auto trans bug from 150 hp tu 180hp or higher?..Does the automatic trans effect in performance,,,having only 4 gears and all...thinking on doing the REVO program...says that can increase a 150 bhp to 207hp?!!...is that true??

·
Registered
566 Posts
Adding a chip to a NB makes a huge difference. I chipped my 2001 and I'm very happy with the results. I do have a manual not a auto though. I went with an APR chip and it was supposed to put me at 209hp at the crank. 207 from revo sounds possible. If you do it I don't think you'll regret it.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
You auto tranny can handle the chip, my 2002 sport has 47k kkm (32k miles) 5 auto X and 10 to 12 track events and its still good....No pproblem....yet hehhe

·
Booyakasha
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i get the REVO till ~200HP, does it damage the Auto trans cuz it only has 4 gears (higher revs equal more gas right?)...and do i have to get a good diverter valve rather than the stock bosch DV?? Since the trans automatically shifts...does aftermarket DV make any difference??

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Yep, it's a huge boost. Like night & day; I've never seen a person pay full price for a chip and regret it.

And the tranny will be just fine; they're really supposed to be good to up to 300 or somewhere therebouts.

·
Formerly Hazard143
240 Posts
Naen said:
how about diverter valve??...do i have to change it due to auto trans?

it matters which one you have. look at the part number on it, if it says "710 N" on it then its fine, its the Audi 225 TT one. I would go with an aftermarket one personally though. I use a dahlback, its a little too soft for what i need so im going to upgrade to the forge 007 i think

·
Booyakasha
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check engine light

my check engine light came on and i had a diagnostic check, it says EVAP leaking....I changed my fuel cap to a new one but it happened again...is this a serious issue?? and does it cost much to have it fixed??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts