NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant figure out how to upload pictures to the forum from the autoguide app on my Samsung Charge phone. I do it like it says and then it just keeps "processing" and never loads the pic. What am I missing? Or what do I need to do different? I am thinking my smart phone is too smart for me..:p

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
With my Droid I had to load the motorola softwear into my laptop and store the pics there then I could access them from there.

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Have you tried going through the web browser and uploading?
I have not tried this, but I will now.

With my Droid I had to load the motorola softwear into my laptop and store the pics there then I could access them from there.
Did you have a disk for this, or did you pull it off the web? I will have to look in the box and see what came with my phone.

Thanks guys for the help:)
Barb

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I dont think the web browser will work because the pics are still on your phone.
My phone came with no disk. As soon as I plug in my phone to my laptop a screen pops up from my carrier Verizon, which has places to store pics and video. Once stored there you can upload to your computer. Hope this helps.

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't tried it yet. I did notice that in my original picture thread I had loaded some of the pictures from my phone. Don't know what has changed since then, but I will give it another try.
I can't upload pictures to the forum from my iPad either. I must be technologically challenged..lol

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Bratgirl - I am so glad to see you post this, because I am also having the same problem through my iPhone app.

When I first started using the app, I could upload pictures with no issues (the app would ask me if I wanted to make the pictures smaller, I'd say yes, and voila!). But lately-and I mean the past month at least, I get an error message. I don't have my phone on me at the moment, but if I recall the message says something like Autoguide is having difficulty go back to the account page, blah blah.....something like that. I can try to get a screen shot and attach it here if it'd help.

·
Administrator
728 Posts
If you could please post the error message that you get and or a screen shot, that would help so much :). Thanks! Sorry for any inconvenience everyone, I'll get this issue resolved asap

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
No worries at all - it's easy enough for me to work around by just emailing them to myself and uploading them from my computer.

Here's a picture of the error message I get when I go from Reply to Topic, then Open Advanced Options, then Photo Album, select a picture from my phone's pictures, click Upload To This Forum (you click This Forum to make it happen) then select Smaller (48.8 KB) when the box pops up and says "The original image size is 2518.1 KB".

I hope all this mumbo-jumbo helps - LOL! :)

Attachments

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I tried again today to upload a pic to the forum. Tried using a picture in my "gallery" and also one taken at the prompt with my camera. It never did work. First time it just kept saying it was processing, next time it said the same thing and then did a force close.

·
Administrator
728 Posts
Sorry to bother you guys, but can you please try it now? I got the confirmation that the paid Autoguide app has been updated again and this version should fix the crashing issues that users reported on Android, and the picture upload issues. Please let me know :)

Cheers,
Cayne

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Testing...still no go. I have full 4G service so I don't think that's the problem. It says "receiving, then uploading image, then processing for about 5 minutes, then force closes. It s almost like it is not connecting with the server or something. Bizzare.
Maybe I.will uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that helps.

Okay, I downloaded the "free" version, and tried again. I got the upload bar, it says 100%, (which I never get on the paid version) but now it is just stuck saying "waiting response" and it eating my battery FAST.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide App

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I tried about an hour ago and it lets ya pic the photo but then it goes into processing and never gets out of it. After two attempts and 10 minutes I gave up.

Sent with my Peace. Love. & T.o.D. 2012.. app

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried about an hour ago and it lets ya pic the photo but then it goes into processing and never gets out of it. After two attempts and 10 minutes I gave up.

Sent with my Peace. Love. & T.o.D. 2012.. app
Thank You! I thought it was just me doing something wrong, or my phone was malfunctioning. Because it worked before, but now, nada...
Barb

1 - 20 of 29 Posts