NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after weeing some bass players here I am sure there will be tons of Axe grinders here.

I used to play Rock and Heavy Rock, because its (STILL) the easiest way to get chicks.

I Learned the Violin and to read as a kid but I moved to the guitar at 13, never looked back.

I love heavy stuff like 80 hair bands but lately I love symphony X, Angra (I went to a concert 15 days ago!), Dream T. etc. love playing Satrianni stuff and Vai, but my wife hates it...
also I play tons of oldies like Air suply Barry Manilow , Eagles, America, Jim Croce, Cats Stevens Stuff. That keeps the crowd happy:rolleyes:

I used to have a black 64 Strat, but sold it and now I have:

a shallow Ovation Ultra.
A 12 String Yamaha
A Jackson Randy Rhoads model ( my guitar hero )
An Eagle Les paul (that sounds amazing)
And a Fender stratoacustic for practice

This saturday I will go the a concert of a guy I consider in the top 5 best guitar players ever:

Steve Hacket....

so where are you axes?

Attachments

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
I only have one. An Ibanez Vintage acoustic. And umm I don't play to get chicks. :ha:

·
33 &#8531;
15,621 Posts
Nice set!

I play guitar, mostly for myself...I have a Fender Tele, two Fender Strats, and a Fender Acoustic.

I think I have no personal pictures, but I do have this one from the web, that shows mine...Hmm. I need to fix that. Until then, this is a pic of my Fab Fave Guitar.

Attachments

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CyberGreenBaby said:
I only have one. An Ibanez Vintage acoustic. And umm I don't play to get chicks. :ha:
With the smile you have, it would be a real pity for Men IF you played for chicks!! :guitar: :wink2: :wink2:

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Pulgamovil said:
With the smile you have, it would be a real pity for Men IF you played for chicks!! :guitar: :wink2: :wink2:
Awww!!! :shy: :D

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Pulgamovil said:
a shallow Ovation Ultra.
A 12 String Yamaha
A Jackson Randy Rhoads model ( my guitar hero )
An Eagle Les paul (that sounds amazing)
And a Fender stratoacustic for practice
You've got a nice collection going on there! :D

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
welllll....

i have two actually.

i have a brand new jaco pastorius signature by fender. it's fretless (which is my specialty), and i just painted it cybergreen. came out nice! i play this one most of the time as it's newer, holds tune easier, and is in much better shape all the way around.

i also have another jaco bass...this one he actually played though. there's a huge story behind it, and it's worth sharing.

i walk into a pawn shop about 5 years ago looking for a fretless bass to replace my dying fretless someone had given me. i see this one on a stand and i know immediately it's a jaco, or at least one he would have played. i ask to play it, and being that jaco himself designed this style, it fit me very well as our styles of playing are very similar. so i bust out a couple bars of "birdland" on it, decide that yeah, it'll work, and i ask how much. guy says $250, and it's a little beat up for that price. so i bargain a tad, but he's firm.

i ask him why so firm on the price and he tells me "this bass was played by jaco himself in 1981, and he gave it to a fan, who recently passed. i did my research, and it's all true." now, i'll not lie, this was a $150 bass max, but the lineage made it worth it. so i pay the $250, plug it in, and damn if i didn't feel like he was helping me play "teen town".

i played this bass a LOT, getting gigs when/wherever i could. i was a casual player beforehand, but now, i love to play, and try to play whenever i can. perhaps my shining moment with this bass came in 2004, when i got up on stage at the webster and played a 13-minute long solo at a concert some buddies had organized, with only a drum backing.

i've retired this bass for daily playing as of february 2007, and i've written an email to jaco's sons asking if they would like the bass. i've told them the story, and they have both told me to keep the bass. i know i won't be getting rid of it. cars might come and go, but a bass guitar...that stays.

·
Die with your boots on
3,716 Posts
Ok, here we go. My 2nd most prized possessions (with Noir'a being first, of course).

Epiphone Explorer Gothic
(not exactly a Hetfield ESP, but close enough)

Ibanez GSR200

Me and my babies

Me and my Seagull cherry top acoustic
(that's real Canadian wood, James!)

·
Die with your boots on
3,716 Posts
Yeah, never got that bass. Glad I didn't. I think I'm gonna hold out for a used Washburn or something. And most likely a 5-string. I hear that the school I'm about to attend (Atlanta Institute of Music, in April) urges bass students to switch to 5-string.

Also finished off my bass rig. Right now I'm running at GK 1001-RBII head through a GK Neo 2x12 cab. Love it.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
I don't have any pics of them but the bf has two: An electric and electric acoustic. He used to play all the time but I guess about Junior year of high school, homework and all took over so he hasn't played since :(

But I think I got him wanting to get back into it!!
Which is good...because he promised he'd teach me to play (since I don't think I'll get to learn drums like I want :()

·
Registered
481 Posts
axes

I have been playing lousy for many years. Here is the current inventory of noisemakers.
Here from right to left is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard blue sparkle finish and a Dean (my favorite)

From right to left again the Dean (I got it about a month ago)and a Fender MIJ 60's Reissue surf green.

From Right to left. Pan Les Paul bolt on guitar I got at a flea market and proceeded to put great pickups, tuners and electronics. The Fender 50's Stratocaster reissue in antique white with Dick Dale's signature. If you live around California you have to go see him.

:D

·
New Beetle Dude
75 Posts
My Ibanez G60 which I can't play worth a damn :(

Next pic is of my Qickie 360 "Sweepster", man I can rock on this sucker!! Has dual air humbuckers, auto tuning, custom oval pine neck... this baby is sweet and I can play just about anything on it! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts