NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a B5 Passat door mechanism work in the beetle? The beetles at my junkyard have none, there aren't any MK4's just one Passat and a Audi A6 ( Would that one work? It is a 1999). My mechanism has too many issues and I'm not interested in fixing it. The Passat is a 1998 and my Beetle is a 1999. The plugs are the same I think, just want to know if it will fit. Thanks for reading and any insight you may have on the subject.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Why not compare part numbers?

If it was me I would sell the Passat one on eBay and use the cash to buy the right one.. Just sayin!

·
Registered
14,072 Posts
Fix it once and fix it right; get the genuine vw repair kit and that is the best solution. You need to use the tried, true solution; that we all have used here, what the vw dealers do, using factory vw service parts (most of us have all been down this road; long term owners, have had their regulators replaced/repaired multiple times). The repair kit; comes with all the parts that break, fail and will get your beetle back to a reliable door regulator and the most reliable parts you can buy. You can purchase these online or call your local VW dealer and they are usually in stock, since they are so failure prone. Getting the genuine vw quality parts; will actually save you time and money, in the long run.

Here are a couple of online VW parts dealers; the you can check out, to find the correct part #'s and you can use those part #'s to search for better prices (vwparts2go typically has some of the best prices out there).

www.vwpart2go.com

VW Parts | Volkswagen Parts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not compare part numbers?

If it was me I would sell the Passat one on eBay and use the cash to buy the right one.. Just sayin!
Didn't even think to do that! Will do, thanks!

Fix it once and fix it right; get the genuine vw repair kit and that is the best solution. You need to use the tried, true solution; that we all have used here, what the vw dealers do, using factory vw service parts (most of us have all been down this road; long term owners, have had their regulators replaced/repaired multiple times). The repair kit; comes with all the parts that break, fail and will get your beetle back to a reliable door regulator and the most reliable parts you can buy. You can purchase these online or call your local VW dealer and they are usually in stock, since they are so failure prone. Getting the genuine vw quality parts; will actually save you time and money, in the long run.

Here are a couple of online VW parts dealers; the you can check out, to find the correct part #'s and you can use those part #'s to search for better prices (vwparts2go typically has some of the best prices out there).

www.vwpart2go.com

VW Parts | Volkswagen Parts
It isn't the window regulator, its the door latch, I attempted to solder the weak points and made my issue even worse. Thank you though for the regulator info, need to do that too!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14,072 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it

I went and got the drivers side from the Passat, the plugs are the same and its the same size so I'm guessing it's going to work. I also went and got both the drivers and passengers door mechanisms from the Audi and the plugs are the same as mine and the Passat's. I will plug both in and test them to see if they work with our cars and post again sometime tomarrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts