VW Beetle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Always on the go!
93 Posts
Maybe I will meet at the Hotel just so I can have some playtime in w Al and Val in the Playpen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
I'll have my breakfast where the majority of the group is going to. This to spend as much time as possible for this short visit with New Beetle peeps :eek:

Also, weatherwise the forecast isn't too shabby! The 10-day forecast of weather.com predicts temperatures in the high 60's for both Wytheville and Marion :thup: and d.r.y. (shhhhht, don't jinx it)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
2016 Schedule

Friday (28th):
Travel day and hotel check in.
8pm: (optional) Caravan from Best Western Wytheville to Crackerbarrel for dinner

Saturday (29th):
830 AM (optional) buffet breakfast at Shoney’s - caravan at 815. Best Western also has a Continental breakfast for those staying there.

10AM: Driver's Meeting at Best Western

10:30AM: Road Rally begins from Best Western following new route.
(**NOT** from Apple Tree or Ingles in Marion)

1:45PM +/-: Rally Ends at Hungry Mother State Park then

Lunch in Marion (optional)
Adhoc activities
Hwy 52 run
421 The Snake run ( Sunday?)

Sunday:
Best Western Continental Breakfast in "playpen" (optional)

Departure for some, adhoc events for others

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bella got her vacation bath yesterday. Ready to Go! Bringing a couple with us if all goes well. He has health issues and doctor's appointments this week. Hoping they will be with us.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Bella got her vacation bath yesterday. Ready to Go! Bringing a couple with us if all goes well. He has health issues and doctor's appointments this week. Hoping they will be with us.
Cool. When is your departure and likely ETA?

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,418 Posts
You'e the best! Thank you so much. When you know the price, then let me know how you would like to receive it. You will make a lot of people very happy :)
You are quite welcome, Marcia---parts department called me this morning to tell me they were in...I'll pick them up tomorrow at lunch.

I'll scan the invoice and message it to you---guess we can figure out the money thing as we go. :)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Hellooooo! Made it safe and sound to Washington Dulles airport yesterday and as you can see looking at the time stamp, suffering from a jetlag :D

@Warren, we surely figure stuff out. Thank you so much!
Welcome back!

·
Amateur Professional
102 Posts
Going to try and cure a few more electrical 'gremlins' and try and make it up there at 10am. Really wish I had a few more warm weather days to fix these things.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Going to try and cure a few more electrical 'gremlins' and try and make it up there at 10am. Really wish I had a few more warm weather days to fix these things.
I could use an electrical fix for ******, the 99 2.G0. Currently he's down for the count so Shiva will be representing.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
We are planning to be at the motel by mid afternoon on Friday. Planning to leave Mansfield at 9:00 AM and it is a 6 hour ride.
Wife and I should be at Best Western before 2pm Friday -- at least that's *my* plan.

121 - 140 of 176 Posts