NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know how to install the backup light which is located inside the bumper, any idea? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Well mainly it'd involve unplugging the wiring from beneath the bumper cover. :) The lights are accessible, though you need to remove the heatshield on the left-side backup light in order to remove the bulb.

-Des

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, I should tell you more clearly. Actually, I was crashed the back up lens from outside, so I have to replace the whole lens instead of the lightbulb. My only concern is do I need to take out the whole bumper off in order to replace the lens, cause it would involve tons of work for me...:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Growler, I'll try it and let you know if there is any problem...I'll order the lense this week from ebay this two days and hopefully I can install it before new year...:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Lowy said:
My only concern is do I need to take out the whole bumper off in order to replace the lens, cause it would involve tons of work for me...:)
No.... dont remove the bumper... two nuts hold the lens in place and it pushes out the back of the bumper.
Should take you no more than 10-15 minutes to change over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts