VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as the snow started flying in the great state of maine i discovered that when i turn the vent switch to defrost the air still blows out of the dash vents any suggestions on that issue.

also the check brake pad sensor light is on on the dash and i checked the brakes, new brake pads on all four wheels is it a bad sensor or does it need to be reset (like the change oil light on some cars) and if it needs to be reset where do i go or is there a way to do it myself? it is a 2001 vw beetle gls

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
From what I've found this appears to be built into the brake pad itself. Either the replacement pads do not have that "wire" built into them for the warning system, or something (most likely an open circuit probably at the caliper area) has taken place.
There's a sensor. I think it's embedded in the pad. When you chew through it, the light goes on.

Either your harness fell off, or the pad with the sensor has less meat on it than the ones you looked at.

FWIW, I cut the harness off my old worn out pad, splice the 2 wires together, heat shrink it, and plug it in so you bypass the whole deal so I can buy pads that don't have the sensors.
Borrowed this from the TDI forums (hope it doesn't violate any rules by me doing so)

Front Brake Pad Light - TDIClub Forums

I can not speak for how accurate this information is, but it makes sense.

S-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts