NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just called me on her way home from work and said she just got rearended in my beetle.:mad: I havn't seen the damage but it really really iratates me that there are so many stupid drivers out there. She said she was one of four cars invalved.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I hope she's ok. The first winter I had mine a Volvo tank got me.The bugs are pretty tough.I didn't have too much damage and she hit me pretty hard.Hopefuly yours isn't bad either:(

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Photo said:
My wife just called me on her way home from work and said she just got rearended in my beetle.:mad: I havn't seen the damage but it really really iratates me that there are so many stupid drivers out there. She said she was one of four cars invalved.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope your wife is OK and the damage to your NB is minimal. I understand the frustration.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She called back and she is fine. Everything sounds like it will be ok. She was the front car of four. The car only has some scratches on the bumper from what she can tell. She said it was a hard impact though. I'm most worried about the things you can't see. Hopefully no frame damage or anything of that nature. After a car has been wrecked they are never the same, no matter how little the damages.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Oh my God! I hope she is OK. Watch out for potential-upcoming whiplash! :(

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
*HUG* Wrecks are NO FUN! Post some photos if you get the chance, and be sure your wife sees a doctor even if she feels fine. I am seeing a chiropractor ontop of a doctor from injuries to my lumbar section in a 2000 accident where I was rear ended. The only pain I felt was sitting in that old Ford's seat though! I thought I was fine, then, 5 years later, I slowly started losing my bending ability.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not sure about a car never being the same after it has been wrecked. It depends a lot on who does the work.

I thought the same before I smashed up my 1999 Toyota Corolla. Lost control on a back road, and ended up facing the wrong direction and against a tree. Eight thousand dollars worth of damage. The car was brand spaking new (just paid the fourth payment) and the insurance company opted to repair. I was nervous about that decision because the car was visibly lopsided. The frame was bent badly. We asked around and took it to a shop that was highly recommended in frame repair. It took them a month, but they got that car looking and running as smoothly as it did when I took it home. Didn't have a lick of trouble with it. That body shop gets all the work in my family.

I hope that there isn't any major problems with your beetle, but take it to a repuatble shop and I bet you never notice it was hurt. :)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Definitely check in the trunk and underneath, as there may very well be hidden damage.

Also check out the seats, too.

-Des

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car is at the dealer right now. I had to take it to them right away. There is a possibility it may be leaking gas. My wife told me she saw a rainbow on our driveway today after I had moved my car. I'll know more tomarrow when they actually have the time to inspect it. For now I have a Ford Escape to drive around. What a change. I have only diriven home 30 miles and can't wait to have my car back. This is the second time I have had to have a rental since I got it only 5 months ago. I didn't get a chance to take pictures because I took it straight to the dealer after work. It wasn't very bad looking cosmetically but I have a feeling there is some hidden damages.

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
bummer dude... hope its not too bad :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts