NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is possible because I don't know the method used to filter out the *bad* words within posts, but isn't there a way to stop the filter from filtering out the *bad* words when in fact the letters are part of legitimate (non *bad*) words?
(like a last name that wawalker used: H a n c o c k )

Just wonderin' :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Test Post: Anyone else out there like the music of Herbie Hancock?

I have modified the filter to allow the use of c o c k in words such as cockatiel and hancock, however the word **** will still be filtered. ;)

Though if we find that this is being abused in anyway, we will change it back...

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Exactly..

The barbs on the feet of cruel chickens.. are awfully sharp.. make sure you stay away from them when they are in a tizzy ;)

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
CrazyJames said:
Test Post: Anyone else out there like the music of Herbie Hancock?

I have modified the filter to allow the use of c o c k in words such as cockatiel and hancock, however the word **** will still be filtered. ;)

Though if we find that this is being abused in anyway, we will change it back...
So how come it wasn't filtered above?

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
lnzbug said:
So how come it wasn't filtered above?
<Jedi Mind Trick> Nothing to see here folks, move along.. these are not the letters you are looking for </Jedi Mind Trick>

They are visible there, as I was posting them for the purpose of showing how the filter works, and I am blatantly abusing the rules of the NB.org.

I guess I should recieve a warning and perhaps a banning...

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
But I still can't cook with ****ake mushrooms. Oh well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts