VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's rear badge was in really sad shape, as many are. She has the 'hidden keyhole" version so replacing it with a new one would be a rather big job, as well as an expensive one. So, we went another route. Obviously, it's a bit girly, but she's a 16 y.o. girl, afterall. She's thrilled with it. It was fast and easy. First, I used aluminum foil (yes, aluminum foil) with water to scrub off the corosion, etc. from the badge. If you've not heard of this trick, you'll be shocked how well it works on chrome. It creates a dark paste and removes all rust, corrosion. I then cleaned the area with alcohol and applied the decals (purchased from Blingmybug.com). Cheap, easy facelift.

Attachments

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
What did you use to freshen up the color inside the emblem? Is it vinyl and did you put a clear vinyl cover over the whole thing?:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they are vinyl decals, available in many colors, as do the magnetic flowers. I haven't covered the badge with anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ooh, thanks for the tip with the tinfoil. Never heard of that. My baby's front and rear emblems (have the hidden keyhole too) need some attention.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts