NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a normall battery fit in our beetles or do i need a special battery. mine wont keep a charge anymore so i need a new one. also will i be able to use moonsoon dash speakers in my car since i dotn got them. im talking about the ones on the top dash. and can i just use monsoon speakers troughout my car. im wondering bc my front door speakers stopped playing all together. i think i have a bad connection in them but i rather just replace them all.

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
angelusnhc said:
will a normall battery fit in our beetles or do i need a special battery. mine wont keep a charge anymore so i need a new one. also will i be able to use moonsoon dash speakers in my car since i dotn got them. im talking about the ones on the top dash. and can i just use monsoon speakers troughout my car. im wondering bc my front door speakers stopped playing all together. i think i have a bad connection in them but i rather just replace them all.
For the battery, as long as the dimensions fit and the CCA are enough you will be good. I am currently running an Optima Yellow Top.

For the speaker question I am not sure excatly what you are asking. You are asking if the dash speakers will work if you dont ahve them??? If they are not there they will not work. If they are there they should work even if the door speakers are blown unless there is a wiring problem.

I upgraded my stereo and replaced all my monsoon speakers and it sounds aswome.

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what are the dimensions. i need a new battery. i got a dead cell and the dealers wants to charge me 100 for it. and they told me and so did auto zone that its more than just pulling the 2 terminals to install the new battery. is this true?

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
plz someone help me. what do i need to do to install a battery in my car. i need one asap.

·
Registered
867 Posts
You need a group 48 battery, the 49(TDI) is a little bigger and will fit with a slight mod to the battery cover.

You can also use an optima.

You can find a GP48 at Costco or walmart for around $40. It will take around an hour for you to put it in if you haven't done it before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts