VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 New Beetle Convertible.

My daughter's battery will be dead in about 3 days if she isn't driving her car. I have had he battery tested and it is fine. I ran a parasitic draw test and it seems to be drawing 6.5 milliamps. A "little" higher then I would like, but definitely not high enough to run down a fully charged battery in 3 days.

So the search goes on...

Question: I notice that when the car is off and no key in the ignition, her digital dash display is still actively displaying.

Is that common?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,690 Posts
6.5 milliAmps is too low.

I am guessing you are misreading the measurement and/or not properly using/understanding the tool you are using.

Most modern vehicles have about a 50 milliAmp draw when sitting idle.

I am guess the value may be around 65 or 650 milliAmp.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top