NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
adittz
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i find a battery for cheap for my beetle? i refuse to pay the $135 that autozone and advance think i should. i want the cheapest battery humanly possible. apparently walmart has some $40 wonder battery, but will that fit our cars??

HELLLLPPPPP!!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
where can i find a battery for cheap for my beetle? i refuse to pay the $135 that autozone and advance think i should. i want the cheapest battery humanly possible. apparently walmart has some $40 wonder battery, but will that fit our cars??

HELLLLPPPPP!!!!
battery is a goup size 47, the price is not bad but if you want to save money buy a set of jumpercables and make a big sign that states you need a jump start. Only kidding that might not work. You always get what you pay for.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
I think I paid less than $100 at Autozone. But also remember, that you oftentimes get what you pay for. I got my NB with a Duralast battery in it and it lasted for at least 5 years (I had the car for that long, no clue when it was replaced before I got the car). The $100 investment over 5 years really isn't too bad.

But Walmart will probably be your cheapest bet. But you need to get the right battery. Sam's club, Costco, etc all sell batteries as well.

·
adittz
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, when you have $6 to your name, $100 is kind of a lot. hence why i need to find a cheap one.

·
Registered
553 Posts
well, when you have $6 to your name, $100 is kind of a lot. hence why i need to find a cheap one.
call the local dealer and ask to speak with a service advisor tehy may have a used battery that they will let you carry out for little to nothing. You never know till you ask, be upfront with youre situation. A good service advisor will help if he can hoping to paying business later.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You can check some junk yards. They usually have used ones for $20 or so. It's a gamble, some times they last for years, and sometimes just a few months.
And any battery that sits and is not maintained (trickle charge), esp on concrete will rapidly become worthless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts