NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get a jump last week. Car seemed to run fine after that. Got my oil changed, guy at the place said my battery sounds like it needs to be replaced. Replaced the battery, ran fine the rest of the day. Needed a few jumps after that, I couldn't get it looked at right away because of my work schedule. Went out one morning to see if I could start it and I hit the unlock on the remote and got in, there was a loud clicking noise coming from under the dash by my right leg. Tried to start the car, nothing, took the key out, clicking noise continued for about 4 minutes. Tried to jump my car, when I put the cables on, heard almost like a draining noise coming from my battery, it tried to start like the battery just needed to be charged a little more. Bought a battery charger, left it on for about 6 hours, did nothing. I've heard that it's probably the battery and the alternator but what explains the clicking noise? I've also heard that the clicking noise is something that's staying on in my car causing my battery to drain, like some relay. Trying to start with the cheapest fixes first. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
11,824 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Billy. It ended up being just the battery. I bought an alternator but didn't need it. My actuator for the door locks is going out and that was the clicking noise. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts