NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super smart senior member
857 Posts
I dont believe there is a DIY but it can be done, you would need to either find a path that runs under the car or drill holes with grommets into the firewall to run the cables, I assume you're going into the trunk?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont believe there is a DIY but it can be done, you would need to either find a path that runs under the car or drill holes with grommets into the firewall to run the cables, I assume you're going into the trunk?
I already have the power wire ran to the hatch for my amp so i don't need to run that i'm wondering what to do with the fuse panel that sits ontop the battery?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Move Battery

Put an electric motor in the rear of the beetle. Then the gas motor would charge the batteries when it is running. Flip a switch and run off the electric motor for a while. Just a thought. :)

Call it a Hybrid because it would run on both gas and electric. Maybe we should get a patent. :D

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I already have the power wire ran to the hatch for my amp so i don't need to run that i'm wondering what to do with the fuse panel that sits ontop the battery?
I'm assuming your moving the battery to the rear hatch? Your Amp wiring will not be near heavy enough, promise. You will need very heavy gauge wires to get the battery current to the front of the vehicle, for it's flexibility, as opposed to wiring you would get at the Corner Home Improvement Store. I had issues with inadequate wire size from the factory in an older Corvette. Suggest you use welding lead cable. That was the resolve for my Vette. Consider jumping issues you have had in the past with light weight jumper cables. There are many sites you can go to to calculate the minimum gauge you will need based on the voltage drop v. distance; the size presently used, for that short distance is already marginal at best.

Put an electric motor in the rear of the beetle. Then the gas motor would charge the batteries when it is running. Flip a switch and run off the electric motor for a while. Just a thought. :)
To what end, and what would run the motor, the battery, and then at the same time the motor charges the battery? What is it you are trying to say?

MORAV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts