NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a problem again with my NB... :(
The battery is dead. I would like to replace it but it seems to be almost impossible. There is no place, but there are a lot of cabels in the way and my mind will blow up in any minute :(

I am sorry to say that but this is the worst-repairable-car I have ever seen :(

(and of course I do not have a 12" long tool for the plate screws... :( If I will be able to take the battery out I will not screw it down to the plate...)

What can I do now? Call a truck to take the car to the service? Just for a battery replacement? :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
Go online to advanced auto and find your battery and buy it and do store pickup. Make sure you enter there promo code of the day. Then have someone give you a jump and go to the store. Pickup the battery and ask one of the employees to change it for you. They did the replacement on mine and the best part is they do it for free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

I bought a new battery yesterday and a friend helped me to replace. It was not as difficult as I expected before... :)
There was a 52Ah battery in the car before and now it has a 62Ah. I hope it will be enough to survive the Swedish winter... :)

The old battery is dead I think. We could not start the engine from another car...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
120 Posts
My bad I assumed you were in the states. Weird coincidence here but my Volkswagen dealer just sent me a complementary installation coupon for a battery. Glad to hear everything worked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts