NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok...so I guess I'm going to start this.
Saturday Justin (The Cheat) and I stayed with Dawn (angelworks) in upstate NY. Dawn got nice new leather seats for her NB (Princess Poppy) and so she gave me Poppy's black seats to put in Skittle. Justin and Dawn's husband Marty did the seat swap for us so I'm going to add those pics in here.
Then yesterday a bunch of us met up at a restaurant called Schade's in Highland Falls NY, just down the road from West Point. We all hung out and had lunch and after that headed to the top of Bear Mtn.
I had such an awesome time...Beetle owners are the nicest people! :goodjob:
Here are some of my pics...enjoy! :wave3:

Skittle and Jenna hangin in Dawn and Marty's driveway...

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Skittle seatless....then with her new seats. I'm going to post better pics on her photo thread soon. I had so much junk in my car..cd's and umbrellas and whatnot so I'll post the "clean" photos soon..Flat Eric was supervising. :lol:

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Justin "screwing around" lol I decided to take a pic of him while we chatted about the meaning of life. I dont really remember what we were chatting about because I drank too much "chocolate milk" :ha:

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me following Dawn and Marty and Justin is leading the way.

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of us lined up in Highland Falls...

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dawn and her husband Marty! They ROCK!!! :guitar:

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flat Eric enjoying a Pepsi on our way up the mountain! :lol:

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured since I was last in line I should try and get a pic of all of us heading to the mountain...I tried my best but man that was alot of pressure! :p

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The scenery was beautiful but it was hard to capture that. It was a bit foggy and drizzly...

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me and Dawn! (I wish there was a way to spell Dawn to phonetically sound like a NY accent since Dawn is so amused by the way I say her name :lol: )
Oh..sorry about the hair in your face Dawn...wooo it was windy!

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From left to right is Tom (Volky1) Jen (Krouton17) Dave (Pelican18TQA4) and Justin (The Cheat)
I had to post both pics cuz I though they were so funny...:D

Attachments

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flat Eric was a pain! Everytime I looked away he was running off somewhere! I caught him flirting with this chubby asian baby...I guess he thought it was ok since she was his height! I didn't get a pic of that. Her parents were sooo mad I had to run before they did him some harm! :lol:

Attachments

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
From left to right is Tom (Volky1) Jen (Krouton17) Dave (Pelican18TQA4) and Justin (The Cheat)
I had to post both pics cuz I though they were so funny...:D

Thank goodness for the second pic here----Dave looked so cranky in the first!

Thanks for posting pics-----I'm doing avoidance and hoping Justin posts pics.:eek:

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Justin "screwing around" lol I decided to take a pic of him while we chatted about the meaning of life. I dont really remember what we were chatting about because I drank too much "chocolate milk" :ha:
Isn't he so cute!

***Chocolate milk; It does a body good!"***

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rubie said:
Great pics:) It looks beautiful even if it is foggy.
Thanks! Now that I know how to get here I'll be going up in the spring. I bet it's beautiful in the winter after it snows...might be a bit chilly though...brrrr!!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Bear Mountain

The Hudson Valley is truly beautiful.

I loved Highland Falls when I lived there from '89 to '91.
Used to work in Peekskill at the Indian Point I & II Power Stations. Traveled the Bear Mountain Bridge daily and had a hotel room that overlooked West Point.

Took my wife for a mini honeymoon 2 years ago to spend a weekend at the Hotel Thayer at the entrance to the West Point gates in Highland Falls.

Glad the GTG was fun.

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
awsome pictures . Got to love fall color and New beetles :D they mix so well ...

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 49 Posts