VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys were can i get a head for my car ? The mechanic says I need a new head for my engine . Are heads hard to find ? Do they sell refurbished heads for a 2009 model beetle ? is there a difference between stock heads and performance heads ? Just asking since i saw performance heads I would ask, rest of the car is stock so I guess the heads probably want do that much ? Hope is some one out there that can help .

·
5/23/10 <3
11,414 Posts
Where are you located? You posted in the 2.0L section, but if you're in the states then you have a 2.5L.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SO I have my vin number can that help with getting right part?
vin# wvwzzz1yz8m420199
hope that helps . I need a heads asap pls help

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Hey, seems to break down into:

New/used/rebuilt: new insanely high, used allot cheaper and rebuilt probably the middle price range.

Sources:

VW dealer:

VW Parts | Volkswagen Parts

new: $5700

rebuilt: $2500

Aftermarket shops:

eurospec.com specializes in VW engines/heads. They have a ebay store: list this head, you might call to confirm with your vin #:

$950

Cylinder Head Rebuilt 2005 2013 VW Golf Jetta 2 5L 5 Cyl Code Cbta Cbua | eBay

contact info: [email protected] or 01 408 848-4203

eBay: used $165 and up; used hard to know if it is in good shape or the correct one for your car; if you decide to go this route: I would take it to a rebuilder/machine shop, to confirm everything is ok, it may need to be rebuilt or have machine work done to it. At that point: costs: rebuilt read to go vs. local shop doing the work, becomes a issue.

volkswagen 2.5L cylinder head | eBay

Local junkyards; auto recyclers:

You might call around your area and see if they have a used head that would work.

Another place: Ram Cylinder heads in Missouri: $995

Volkswagen 2.5L 5cyl

All things being equal, prices being essentially the same: I would go with Eurospec, they are well known in the VW community.

Local repair:

Another option: work with what you have, is it repairable or damaged? It comes down to: price, how quick you need the part and if yours is rebuildable.

There are other places but these came up with a quick google search. Hope this helps: let us know, what route you want to go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Guys were can i get a head for my car ? The mechanic says I need a new head for my engine . Are heads hard to find ? Do they sell refurbished heads for a 2009 model beetle ? is there a difference between stock heads and performance heads ? Just asking since i saw performance heads I would ask, rest of the car is stock so I guess the heads probably want do that much ? Hope is some one out there that can help .
So what exactly is wrong with your head for him to tell you that you needed a new one??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts