NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had this issue for a couple of days now. The trunk lid will not hatch when I close it. It remains open. I saw a video on you tube on a fix , but I don’t know how to remove the lid. Any ideas ? Or suggestions for the issue?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
We have dealt with similar issues, on the earlier 1998-2010 New Beetle's but not with the 2012-2019 model Beetle. I assume, you are out of your factory warranty; check ing the latch assembly and/or buying the service manual off of VW's eRWin, for the factory service manual, could be a good idea, to get the repair or possible adjustment information, for the latching system. It could be something as simple as the latch mechanism needs lubed, adjusted or worst case scenario, replaced? Just for the heck of it; you might contact your local VW dealers service dept and see if there is a silent or open recall on the issue. Many times, VW will repair a issue for free; under a "customer courtesy" type situation and you could always document your problem, by calling VW Customer Care, to see if they will help with repairs and service costs.

Let us know, the results of inquiries with your local VW dealer or VW Customer Care or if you do any work yourself, download the service manual or find a fix, after doing some troubleshooting work. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts