NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,im a new owner of vw Beetle,i bought it from my stepmom.Beetle is of the year 99.i found a problem which makes me drive stricktly,that is its front lights.they are so wrong,it is so hard to see anything feather than about 3-4 metres.bulbs of lights are ok.im always driving with far lights and no one mantions me.I took the light off today,checked it,but looks ok,and no diferent.Maybe anyone knows what is it? thanks for help:)

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Are your interior lights on (to light up the speedometer and radio and such) when your lights are on? If not, there is a round twist switch to the left of the steering wheel that turns the headlights fully on. The headlights are on all the time as daytime running lights on american beetles and I don't know how many times I've driven in the dark on them alone not realizing that I forgot to turn the headlights fully on until it got dark enough that I couldn't easily see how fast I was going...lol :shy:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Purchase a Haynes VW New Beetle 1998-2005 repair manual from your nearby parts store (under $30). In Chapter 12, page 9, section 15, it describes how to adjust your beam. Same thing happened to me. I can SEE now. Easy fix. Masking tape, tape measure, screw driver.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts