NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out for a drive today with Beetle Bailey. It was her first time to see the Gateway Airport, Superstition Mountains, and the Tonto National Forest. We just got in the car and headed east. Never been to a lot of this area ourselves, so it was an adventure for us too. It was interesting to go from city, to farmland, to desert, to National Forest Area. Amazed at all the people bike riding where there is miles of nothingness.

NOTE: 3rd photo down is of our "BugDash" we got yesterday. Really like it. Purchased it from: http://thebugdash.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These photos were taken the day after we purchased Bailey. We got her on 1 March 2010 and she had 29 miles on her. It is our very first Beetle and VW. The last photo is of our flower vase. We have a dowel with a Red Beetle attached to it. Dowel is hooked into base of base with glue dots. Both my husband and I drive the car, so no flowers in the vase.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
You should tell your Husband that Real Men have flowers in their blümenvasen! :D I have some fake Daisies in mine, along with a New Beetle pen that has a miniature NB on the top.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:)Awesome bug!!!!!!! cool pics!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

JonK
Thank you. We are so happy with it.

You should tell your Husband that Real Men have flowers in their blümenvasen! :D I have some fake Daisies in mine, along with a New Beetle pen that has a miniature NB on the top.
Well, in all fairness, we did try the VW plush daisy and we couldn't get it to lay right. So every time he turned the wheel, he would hit it with his hand. I really like the little beetle in the vase and it was a great compromise we both like. I have the daisy in my office here at home, so it is getting used too.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Thank you. We are so happy with it.

Well, in all fairness, we did try the VW plush daisy and we couldn't get it to lay right. So every time he turned the wheel, he would hit it with his hand.
I hope that you know that the steering wheel tilt's and is telascopic also.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you.

We started out wanting a Gecko Green (my choice) and hubby wanted Black. Then we decided to compromise and get one of the blues. The day we went to the dealer, they didn't have any coupes on the lot except one SE that didn't have a sun roof ... had a cute little ladybug decal thing where it looks like the ladybug had walked thru wet pin striping on the car so there were little bug print leading up to her. It was cute, but not sun roof. They checked all their sources and found us a Trudeau blue ... that dealer refused to release the car to our dealer. Another dealer had this red one and we decided that would be OK. They drove about an hour to get it for us, then an hour back. So it was waiting at the point the paperwork was completed. We both love the red. So it worked out great for us.

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Thank you.

We started out wanting a Gecko Green (my choice) and hubby wanted Black. Then we decided to compromise and get one of the blues. The day we went to the dealer, they didn't have any coupes on the lot except one SE that didn't have a sun roof ... had a cute little ladybug decal thing where it looks like the ladybug had walked thru wet pin striping on the car so there were little bug print leading up to her. It was cute, but not sun roof. They checked all their sources and found us a Trudeau blue ... that dealer refused to release the car to our dealer. Another dealer had this red one and we decided that would be OK. They drove about an hour to get it for us, then an hour back. So it was waiting at the point the paperwork was completed. We both love the red. So it worked out great for us.
Yes the red is incredible.

I love red cars and made my dealership find me a red car with the features I wanted too ...

I just love how shiny and bright the red exterior can get :D But any colour on a beetle is nice!

·
1,255 Posts
Very nice Beetle. Is the dash tray OEM or after market? If aftermarket, where did you get it? I do like that addition.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes the red is incredible.

I love red cars and made my dealership find me a red car with the features I wanted too ...

I just love how shiny and bright the red exterior can get :D But any colour on a beetle is nice!
I agree ... any color would be perfect!!!! The key was to get a bug with a sun roof.

Very nice Beetle. Is the dash tray OEM or after market? If aftermarket, where did you get it? I do like that addition.
We got the dash cover from:
TheBugDash.com - Black Factory Plastic Dash Covers

He has many styles to choose from, so be sure to check the cutouts on your dash to be sure they match the cover. I ordered Weds afternoon, got a notice it was shipped on Weds afternoon and received it on Friday via Fed Ex. We purchased the Vertical Standard Cover and it was $89.99 and included FREE shipping. I learned about this company from posts here on forum.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today we took Bailey to the Oasis Park. Nice way to spend some time outside in this beautiful weather.

Attachments

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
Love the New Beetle and love the dash cover. Just ordered one for myself! :D

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
Salsa-Man .. the bugdash is great. We got ours within a couple days of ordering. So service was quick. Installation is so easy too.
Yeah I watched the video on their website. I needed something like this to hold all my electronics. (phone, ipod, gps, etc)
Plus I was trying to figure out what to do to keep the sun off the dash. This looks to be the perfect solution.

Thanks for the link! :thup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

We also bought a VW Bug Sunscreen from our dealer. It is a perfect fit for the window. Here in the heat of AZ, it is a must have in the summer months especially when the car is parked outside.

The Bug Dash will definitely help protect the dash. I love the ridges on it too to hold things like our GPS.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Pretty! :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts