VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have a clue on if it affects more than my radio needing a code thats possibly in the trunk liner? Im considering buying a memory saver to keep the codes but if i dont need it i dont but does it affect the other electronics? I have a 2.5 liter 2010 beetle please help. If it helps autozone said the battery requires professional installation.

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
Battery installation does not require a professional; It can take some time and figuring out where all the bolts and covers go, how they come off, etc. The battery can be a tight fit and tipping it on one end; can help you get it out, as it partially, hides under the front fender.

As to the code for the radio, I've had it go both ways; sometimes disconnecting the battery does not require the code to be put in to unlock it and other times it has been a issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive pretty much know everything on how to get it out replace it the battery i need i really need to know tho whether i need the computer storing module but i think that its better to be safe than sorry any more information would be appreciated tho

Battery installation does not require a professional; It can take some time and figuring out where all the bolts and covers go, how they come off, etc. The battery can be a tight fit and tipping it on one end; can help you get it out, as it partially, hides under the front fender.

As to the code for the radio, I've had it go both ways; sometimes disconnecting the battery does not require the code to be put in to unlock it and other times it has been a issue.

v

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
Again, seems to be the luck of the draw; i've had it go, both ways. Most of the time; I have had no issues; when, I have done programming with things or the head unit is removed, then it seems the radio safe mode pops up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
on my experience, it depends on how long the battery was removed and replaced (like for charging it or so) but a quick swap did not even ask me for radio code. i just upgraded to a better battery. i have 2.0 2014, not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
In general I don't really have a problem with safe mode for the stereo but if I make major changes to the vehicle, it can pop up and require the input of the code, to restore functionality.

If safe mode pops up; sometimes if I just cycle the power button a number of times it will go away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts