NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2017 Beetle Dune on March 18th. My salesperson said VW is not allowing them to order any new Beetles. She said she's heard rumors of it being discontinued, and I had read that is could be after the 2018 model year. Anyone have any news on this?

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,844 Posts
I wouldn't bank on what the salesperson said.
The same scuttlebutt was floating around when the new beetle ended it's production run back in '10. A lot of rumors by bloggers, with nothing substantial. Heck, not even the VW salespeople knew the skinny.

I think VW likes to make it a guessing game. Until we get official word from VW itself, I wouldn't count the rumors as gospel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't bank on what the salesperson said.
The same scuttlebutt was floating around when the new beetle ended it's production run back in '10. A lot of rumors by bloggers, with nothing substantial. Heck, not even the VW salespeople knew the skinny.

I think VW likes to make it a guessing game. Until we get official word from VW itself, I wouldn't count the rumors as gospel.
Sounds about right, time will tell. She said they can't find any white or black Dunes, but they had one Sandstorm Yellow Metallic, which is the color I wanted. Two people showed up wanting to buy it before I left the dealer with it.

·
Member Since 2002
135 Posts
I just purchased a 2017 Beetle Dune on March 18th....
Congratulations on the new Dune! I also just got one myself... about 5 and half weeks ago now. Sandstorm Yellow Metallic here too (along with the lighting and tech packages).

I can't speak to anything being discontinued. I have seen a few articles about a possible refresh again to the design coming in a couple of years, but just like Apple rumors, I don't invest too much into them until there's an official announcement.

Cheers!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,010 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they do a refresh soon, with the move to the MQB platform. I know they are moving the Jetta over (finally) in the next year or so. So I imagine the Beetle with be right along with it.

I also wouldn't listen to your sales person. They often have no clue about the cars they sell. We knew way more about the TDI we test drove 5 years ago than the sales guy did.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Worse than salespeople not knowing stuff is salespeople just saying bull stuff.

When buying my daughter's Tiguan, the 2013, I had one sales person telling me there were no more Pepper Gray Metallic S models with standard shift. This was supposed to make us hurry and and grab their White Gold Metallic that was in stock. At the time, there were more than 100 S models nationally with stick and over 20 of them were PG. We got what we wanted one state away.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,844 Posts

When buying my daughter's Tiguan, the 2013, I had one sales person telling me there were no more Pepper Gray Metallic S models with standard shift. This was supposed to make us hurry and and grab their White Gold Metallic that was in stock. At the time, there were more than 100 S models nationally with stick and over 20 of them were PG. We got what we wanted one state away.
Salespeople wish we werent so empowered and well informed, LOL

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

My salesperson knew I was interested in the car I bought before I showed up to test drive it, so there was no reason to say they were having trouble getting more. In less than a week they had another Dune in Sandstorm Yellow Metallic, in a convertible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts