VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.. Im looking for some help. Im looking to buy my neighbors 2002 beetle. I believe its a 1.8. The reasons she is selling it is its coming up with codes and wont start. She got it looked at at the dealership and they told her it was because of these codes.. #1297 #1624 2002050 vw bug connection valve charger throttle

She is the type to not want to deal with stuff and get rid of it as she bought another vehicle. The dealership said it would cost about 600 dollars to fix.. Iv looked up the code 1297 and it deals with hoses but I don't understand why it would affect the starting of the vehicle.. Anyone heard of this? Thanks. Tom

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
17705/P1297/004759 - Ross-Tech Wiki

18032/P1624/005668 - Ross-Tech Wiki

No start condition; could be a number of things, immobilizer, crank/speed sensor or fuel pump or ???? The second code; is a little worrisome, transmission codes! I'm assuming this is a automatic beetle; I wonder, if the transmission has problems? How much is she selling it for and how many miles are on it? If the trans is bad; thats an expensive fix; I would have the car professionally evaluated and go from there. If she is giving it away; thats another story but the trans, could be a very expensive repair! :-(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the thing... the dealership said it was a couple of hoses that would be around 600 bucks... They didnt say anything about the trans at all.. Would those hose's keep it from holding a charge? It has 105k on it with a new motor about 30k ago(dealerships screw up) leather , auto, new tires and I believe I can get it for 12-1500.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
get ready to learn mechanics

Thats the thing... the dealership said it was a couple of hoses that would be around 600 bucks... They didnt say anything about the trans at all.. Would those hose's keep it from holding a charge? It has 105k on it with a new motor about 30k ago(dealerships screw up) leather , auto, new tires and I believe I can get it for 12-1500.
Hope you have plenty of tools in your garage and plenty of time to learn home mechanics cause ya gonna need it.LOL :p
They are cute little cars and are fun to drive but they do come with lots of problems and expensive to fix unless you do your own repairs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I dont mind that as I like to fix stuff myself if I can. I had a GMC Typhoon and if anyone knows what that is or has experience with that then they know I dont have a problem fixing stuff. They should have had jack stands as a standard option with the truck.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts