NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lorena
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this site and i was hoping someone would be able to help me identify this part name. one day it just snapped off my car and now my headliner has fallen off the back window and the material wont stay up. any help regarding this issue would be very appreciative.! thanks a BUNCH!!

Attachments

·
1,255 Posts
Yep, me too! From what I read, this is a common problem. That is called by VW a "Guide Cable" - 1Y0 871 341 B (left) and 1Y0 871 342 B (right). Rivets are 1Y0 871 996 A,B & C. Not sure yet how many of each is needed. I have one on order from 1stvwparts.com for $35 including necessary rivets. They are on eBay too. I plan on replacing the broken bracket myself. VW in Memphis wanted $300 to replace it. The only issue I see is the plastic bracket rivet. Getting the pop rivet tool at the right angle is the problem. The top has to be opened just right. I may end up using use a 4x16mm bolt with a lock nut. This is simple, but not the VW way.

I really believe this can be DIY job. I will do a how-to when the parts arrive next week. Do a search on Orger pencilneck for his posts on this issue. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Lorena
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help i was about to order the part #20 cause i thought that was it!!!! saved me the trouble of having to return it and reorder!!!
that website was exactly what i was looking for!!!!!!
again thank you!!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Welcome to the ORG:D
This is a GREAT place for help with your new beetle AND for posting your beetle pix. GLAD you found us!

WELCOME :jumpy:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
A warm welcome to the greatest Beetle ORG on the web. We love photos, so, I'm glad that you shared a few of of yours!

·
1,255 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts