NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 00 1.8t that im completley rebuilding right now. i got the head off getting new h beam rods new rings honing the block, and also a port polish valve job and new valve seals. so far i have a k04 turbo already bolted on i was wondering if i could put a fmic and a aftermarket bov. but since it has the deverter valve going back into the turbo intake what is requierd for a bov that blows the air into the atmosphere.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
i have a 00 1.8t that im completley rebuilding right now. i got the head off getting new h beam rods new rings honing the block, and also a port polish valve job and new valve seals. so far i have a k04 turbo already bolted on i was wondering if i could put a fmic and a aftermarket bov. but since it has the deverter valve going back into the turbo intake what is requierd for a bov that blows the air into the atmosphere.
I wouldn't recommend it. It's not designed for a BOV. Some people have tried and regreted it because your car just won't run right. Now there is an inbetween solution if you do want some anoying swishing sound which after you are sick of it you can convert into a full diverter valve as I have done. It is called a Forge Splitter Valve and it does vent app. 10% to atmosphere which will give you plenty of sound without defeating the purpose of the diverter valve. I liked the sound at first but after about 2 months the "Coolness" wore off and I converted it to a straight diverter valve. Ahh, no more anoying sounds. So you do have a choice and better even yet the Forge Splitter is completely adjustable. Just that is worth the money it costs. You do need to adjust it since it is way too tight as set from the factory. I turned mine all the way counter clockwise and then tightened it 8 clicks (1/4 turn per click) That was the sweet spot for my Audi TT which was REVO tuned Stage II with K04 Turbo. Now with my Milder New Beetle I have it set at 6 clicks and it runs great. I think it comes from the factory at 15 or 16 clicks which is way too tight for our small Turbos K03 or K04. Anyway, here is a link:

ESE Tuning - Forge Motorsport - Splitter - Blow Off Valve & Diverter Valve - Polished

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got a k04 on there planing on getting a tune and maybe 550cc injectors on probly 15 psi im aiming for around 250 whp

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
i got a k04 on there planing on getting a tune and maybe 550cc injectors on probly 15 psi im aiming for around 250 whp
You can probably run 22psi with that set up. I did on my Audi TT 225 Quattro. Actually I had the boost up to 26psi before but that is dangerously close to the upper limit and I did hit Limp mode a few times so I dialed it back to around 22psi to be safe. 250HP should be atainable. Never had my TT dynoed since it is diffcult to dyno an all wheel drive but it did haul a$$ with the Stage II Revo tune and all the mods I had on it.
The Forge Splitter Valve would be perfect for your set up.
Again,I advise strongly against a complete BOV since it will not accomplish anything and defeats the purpose of what you are trying to achieve. It will loose you performance rather than gain it and for what? A loud swish noise that eventually will get old and annoying? If you want the sound without compromising your set up the Forge Splitter is for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts