NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your beetles name and why that name?

My beetles name is Venson. I chose Venson because it is a Volkswagen and its name should start with a v.

·
Meep Meep
169 Posts
Mine is Gus. When I went to look at him for the first time I just knew Gus was his name. When I test drove him he showed me why, because he has gusto.:):D:):D:)

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
At first I thought my car was a male so I was considering White Lightning. My wife decided we were going to be carrying yellow roses in the vase and she informed me "Lily" was nothing but a lady! So we dubbed here Lightnin' Lily but she answers to Lily. If things go as I hope, we will be rechristening her Lightnin' Lily LaFlame soon. :cool:

·
Full Metal
317 Posts
the wife's bug is named daisy, dunno why. i'll let her explain if she ever logs on again, hehe.

·
ElectricHarleyHouseOfLove
1,751 Posts
At first I thought my car was a male so I was considering White Lightning. My wife decided we were going to be carrying yellow roses in the vase and she informed me "Lily" was nothing but a lady! So we dubbed here Lightnin' Lily but she answers to Lily. If things go as I hope, we will be rechristening her Lightnin' Lily LaFlame soon. :cool:
ooh, a potential member of OFF, are ya? :D

mine's full name is StellaLuna, but she mainly answers to Stella.

I was bopping down I-95 in South Carolina, communing with my car [a week after i got her, on my way to Jacksonville FL for Christmas] and listening to the soundtrack for "Run Lola Run", because it's some seriously kick-butt driving music. That made me think of Lola, which was cool and almost fit her, but wasn't quite right. Then I thought of the german movie I like even better than that one and its lead character "Luna", which is perfect on a number of levels. The actress that plays her is who I answer to the whole "who would play you in the movie of your life" thing, for one, and also because we already had a theme picked out for the car, which while being more star related, will be close enough in the end.
A bit later, though, she decided she wasn't quite happy with that and just one day she decided she wanted a Stella attached. I think deep down she's just a Diva and considers herself a Star.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
ooh, a potential member of OFF, are ya? :D

mine's full name is StellaLuna, but she mainly answers to Stella.

A bit later, though, she decided she wasn't quite happy with that and just one day she decided she wanted a Stella attached. I think deep down she's just a Diva and considers herself a Star.
I have to admit, the OFF Club did inspire me. They told me I already qualified for the OF club. I covered that part years ago. ;)

·
Can you handle it??
1,673 Posts
My car is the Jitter-bug or Jitters for short. I would really rather not get into the whole name story again, because I am pretty sure it qualifies me for the loony bin. :p Let's just say my car told me so.

If any of you are REALLY curious, you can look it up on the name changing thread, that is around here somewhere. AND I believe I have told the story recently, while in Roswell so some of you may already know. :eek::crazy::crazy:

·
Tired.....
3,970 Posts
Sunshine. Full name Little Miss Sunshine. Yeah I saw the movie told her about it and she liked it. So it stuck.

Wasabi... There was this GTG sometime ago to Catalina. After returning to the mainland we went to Benihana's and had dinner. It was the first time I tried sushi. So I tried it and spied this little mound of green stuff. I put a dab about the size of a grain of sand on the chopstick. That was enought to burn my sinus'. So the name was picked and it stuck!

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Mine is Probie. It was a nickname that was given to me by a veterinarian I used to work with. We both watched Denis Leary's Rescue Me on FX. And he started calling me "Probie" because I was the new kid at the clinic. Well, I tossed around ideas. Couldn't find anything that stuck with the car. Once I was clear it was a "he", I automatically started calling him Probie. Probies are the "newbies" to the firehouse. And since, he was a New Beetle, and New to me, and His engine was New to me as well. I thought it was only fitting. So I passed the name down to him. My veterinarian still calls me Probie and I call my car Probie. It just works and I like it. :D

·
Don't Drink the Kool Aid
307 Posts
Well I am still not convinced that Shutter is actually his name but until he lets me know for sure otherwise that is what we are calling him. I came up with Shutter because I am a photographer and it was a good plan on words shutterbug.

·
Bobby's Mommy
1,636 Posts
Turbo Bob, I call him Bobby for short.
My dad lives in prescott, halfway from here to phoenix, az. Where I went to buy Bobby.

After buying him we took his maiden voyage from Phoenix to Prescott (an hours drive or so), my dad and I were so excited. We really gave Bobby a test, seeing how his turbo worked, the driveability of the car..

My dads kind of a dork, and he loves cars almost as much as he loves me. He was so happy and proud of me, I had just bought my new beetle all by myself, no ones help. I remember him laughing and smiling, saying "Go turbo bob, go!"

So hence Bobby... Just because "BOB" is kinda.. well, the name of a pickup truck. Don't tell him I said that...

I knew he was a boy from the beginning. Black and red leather? Come on... PSH.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
What, again? OK, my car is salsa red and chiltepin is the Mexican Spanish word, from Aztec chiltecpin, for a tiny round wild chile. So the car's Chiltepin.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Rodney Dangerfield King Rodney's been well known for getting rear ended multiple times. (I think we are up to seven)...we were watching the Sopranos one day, and Tony keeps going on and on about the Rev. Rodney King to his therapist..one of my friends said "That name works, your car gets no respect!" He also has the evil streak and loyalty of one of our electronics techs at work who is named Rodney .

Holly Electra King: Electra's name was picked before we met her... its the only name that seemed to fit all the people in her life. I had wanted to name a silver beetle Milagros, but with her being driven by history buffs, Greek literature lovers, and railfans...Electra was the only name that worked. However, the first song playing on the radio when we started the engine was Burl Ives "Holly Jolly Christmas". Electra King is also a James Bond reference Electra King - James Bond - Wiki on Neoseeker

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
Well, he is called "Sting" .... because when I was younger, I grew up watching Transformers cartoons, and reading the comics. The original Bumblebee was a VW Beetle. And I always wanted one.

But, when I tried to get the license plates of "BUMBLBE" or "BMBLBEE", or any combination of it... they were all taken! I wanted something similar , and within a few days of getting him, I was stung TWICE by mud wasps that were trying to make a hive in my drivers door. I put my arm up on the door while driving and got stung.

So, "Sting" was born! :D

Currently, he looks like this...

But I am planning on turning him into an angry Bee soon. I already have the eyelids sitting here. What ya think? I think I still need to add a stripe on the side as well.. Hmm...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Callisto, Calli for short. She is harvest moon color and Callisto is a moon of Jupiter.

It's a stretch but I like it ;-)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,172 Posts
My car is Darla. And she just told me so! :p

I love that these cars have a personality and tell you these things. But it also might just be a VW thing. My fiance's old '95 Passat's name was Helga. And she was a very grumpy old German woman. haha.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts