NewBeetle.org Forums banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I've never given either of my water-cooled Beetles names, but I see many Orgers do. I was discussing this with my sister recently, and my latest Beetle is a 2010 in Candy White. I thought of calling it The White Album. I did have a couple of air-cooled Bugs back in the 80s with names, The War Pig and The Woody.

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
A co-worker actually named my car before I even bought it, after showing him the picture he said that car's name is Gunther and so Gunther it is. My 3 year old calls him Gundastar.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
After my final mod set: tint, lowering it on coilovers, Turbo S pedals, shift knob & boot, he seems to have much more of an "attitude" now. His new name is now: SLUGGO

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I checked with our local DMV and it SLUGGO is not available :mad:

I was thinking about going with "SLUGGED" for my plates - it is available ;)

·
Mambo King
258 Posts
Mine doesn't have a name but if I were to name it I would name it Ringo, my favorite Beetle...:D

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine is called Prudence. Yes after the Beatles song, but also cause I was over ruled when naming our daughter.

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
I named her Chelsea because she's such a girlie girl with all her flowers and butterflies.

Attachments

·
BEAR
109 Posts
Love reading through this thread. Some pretty cool and interesting answers. My Beetle is called Omaha because I won all the money to pay for her playing a poker game called Omaha ( the actual game was pot limit Omaha high/low ). I told my wife before I left the house that I planned on winning enough to buy a green Beetle convertible. She laughed and said if I won that much I could buy the car. I woke her up at 3 am when I came home from the game to tell her I had hit my goal. I bought Omaha two weeks later and the car was less than two miles from my house. It was all just mean to be.

·
Daisy's Mae's Mom
171 Posts
I've had three beetles before my current one. The first one was a gold 76, second was a 71 purple and the third one was a BARBIE pink with white seats (black piping) and was perfect! I didn't have any names for them except for the pink one and named her Barbie.

A month ago when I bought this mellow yellow 06 NB converible, I just knew her name was Miss Daisy Mae. It just fit her for some reason and being from Texas, it's a southern thing probably! ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
She's named Betsey. Because it's just a super cute girly name, and I love Betsey Johnson. I gave her some lashes and pink windshield wipers to girly her up a bit, considering she is dark blue. She has girly accessories, but her color shows how brutal she can be. The picture in the post is a bit before I added the pink windshield wipers haha

Attachments

61 - 80 of 112 Posts