NewBeetle.org Forums banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
1999 GLS 2.0 m/t
189 Posts
After a few months of debating, I named my 99GLS Rosie. I got the name from my all time favorite band AC-DC.

She ain't exactly pretty
Ain't exactly small
Fourt'two thirt'ninefiftysix
You could say she's got it all

Attachments

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
My Beetle's name is Black Velvet. The name originally came from one of my friend's idea of names and it pretty much stuck with me. It's such a fitting name when I think about it; such a classy name for a classy car. I've never named a car before I ever got into the VW world and now that I'm in I love every minute of it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My first water beetle was a red 98 named Newbie just short for New Beetle. My Reflex Silver 14 is Otto because he is an automatic and it just sounded like a good German name. The 64 is Rupert because a friend said it reminded him of his Grandpa whose name was Rupert and it seemed to fit and stuck. The Rabbit Convertible is Bunny when I first got her a friend asked what my little bunnies name was and Bunny just popped out and stuck

Attachments

·
New beetle owner
18 Posts
I can't remember if I posted his name on this thread or not... But his name is Coleman ...Yeah I know a guy is supposed to name it a girl name. But since I collect Coleman Lanterns and I have a lantern decal on the back it seems fitting to name it that

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
My Beetle's name is Black Velvet. The name originally came from one of my friend's idea of names and it pretty much stuck with me. It's such a fitting name when I think about it; such a classy name for a classy car. I've never named a car before I ever got into the VW world and now that I'm in I love every minute of it.
my picture of black velvet.

Attachments

·
KCMO
16 Posts
I named my Baby Blue 2001 1.8L Turbo Beetle

BETTY BLUE BALLS

reason: She had an ignition coil stop working and so for a long time I was upset that the car wouldn't push out horsepower like it should. A turbo beetle without turbo gave me blue balls LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is War Machine. I've wanted a Beetle all my life and I finally have one (bought it used two weeks ago). My daughter named it after the Marvel character due to its color which VW says is grey/grey but really it is silver/grey. She named the red/black Sportwagen Tony Stark because it looks like the Iron Man suit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tend to name most of my vehicles, so of course my 2007 convertible Beetle had to have a name. Some vehicles I get get named instantly, some take a few months. This one only took a couple days until my partner came up with Moomin. She (the Beetle, not my partner!) is kind of Moomin shaped, about the same colour (Harvest Moon Beige, apparently), and will soon have a flower in her vase, which all fits with the Snork Maiden, who is one of the Moomins, and is Moomintroll's girlfriend.

It also fits with my 1968 Volvo Amazon Estate in Forest Green - which I can now call Snufkin, after Moomintroll's friend.

Moomin (Snork Maiden)
sales pic 2.jpg

Snufkin (photo is underexposed, so makes him look blue instead of green).
Snufkin 1.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my daughter's new used (first) car - our family's first New Beetle, my 2nd Beetle (owned a '68 many moons ago), and my 3rd Volkswagen (owned a 69 Transporter, also many moons ago).

It took her about 30 seconds to name this one Lola.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
My daughter's 1998 2.0 NB is named Cobalt. She chose it because of the Blue color. She was initially thinking Indigo but realized that was more purple so she said Cobalt
Here's Cobalt:

Beside my Wife's S60T5

·
Registered
154 Posts
My first water beetle was a red 98 named Newbie just short for New Beetle. My Reflex Silver 14 is Otto because he is an automatic and it just sounded like a good German name. The 64 is Rupert because a friend said it reminded him of his Grandpa whose name was Rupert and it seemed to fit and stuck. The Rabbit Convertible is Bunny when I first got her a friend asked what my little bunnies name was and Bunny just popped out and stuck
Just traded my silver 14 Otto for a 17 SEL in Habanero Orange named her Pepper loved the silver car but orange being my favorite color had to have it!

Attachments

·
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
4 Posts
my Beetle name...

I have a 2002 Beetle named Suzy. Its my running around car. The song "Runaround Sue"?? Wife didn't like calling her Sue so its Suzy.

Also Have a 62 Beetle named "Bob". Because my name is Robert and the guy I got it from is also a Robert. And the car just looks like an "Ol Bob"

Also there is a '68 Karmann Ghia named Carmen... Because I have no imagination

·
Member Since 2002
135 Posts
By Any Other Name

Well, after knowing how I named my Beetles, it will come to no surprise to anyone that I am science fiction geek.

In 2002, my silver futuristic dome-shape New Beetle GLX was named 'Astro' after the type of droid R2-D2 happens to be in the Star Wars saga. He's an astromech droid.

This year I had to once again come up with a name. This time for my 2017 Beetle Dune. Well, at first I thought I may continue the original concept... going from silver to gold... I could had named it 'Threepio', but that would be overlooking the obvious. After all it is a Dune and the actual color name is Sandstorm Yellow Metallic... So anyone familiar with Frank Herbert's science fiction series of the same name of this trim (Dune), will appreciate that I named it, 'Arrakis' (I also like how it is also an "A" name).

Attachments

81 - 100 of 112 Posts