NewBeetle.org Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Beetle's first owner named him Wormwagen. His childhood nickname was "Worm". You know him as Dennis Rodman. I renamed him "Wormy" as a tribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Well, after knowing how I named my Beetles, it will come to no surprise to anyone that I am science fiction geek.

In 2002, my silver futuristic dome-shape New Beetle GLX was named 'Astro' after the type of droid R2-D2 happens to be in the Star Wars saga. He's an astromech droid.

This year I had to once again come up with a name. This time for my 2017 Beetle Dune. Well, at first I thought I may continue the original concept... going from silver to gold... I could had named it 'Threepio', but that would be overlooking the obvious. After all it is a Dune and the actual color name is Sandstorm Yellow Metallic... So anyone familiar with Frank Herbert's science fiction series of the same name of this trim (Dune), will appreciate that I named it, 'Arrakis' (I also like how it is also an "A" name).
When you started talking about sci-fi, lnowing you have a Dune, I was hoping as I got to the end of the post, your beetle would have a name pertaining to that move.
AWESOMENESS!!!
Love that movie!
I thought id see Muad'Dib, but Arrakis is mighty cool too.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

·
Black Velvet
1,105 Posts
Of course you already know my 2007 New Beetle as "Black Velvet" well my future 2017 Beetle R-line name will be named "Black Swag"
short for the black Volkswagen. I actually had a name for it 2 years ago so I was ready. Black Swag will have a style of her own when it gets here.:)

Attachments

·
Member Since 2002
135 Posts
When you started talking about sci-fi, lnowing you have a Dune, I was hoping as I got to the end of the post, your beetle would have a name pertaining to that move.
AWESOMENESS!!!
Love that movie!
I thought id see Muad'Dib, but Arrakis is mighty cool too.
Thanks. As I said in my post, I was originally thinking going along the lines of C-3PO to sort of go with what I did 15 years earlier with R2-D2.... but it then became obvious to me with it being a Dune, I had to do something Dune-related.

·
Registered
146 Posts
With most of our vehicles, their model name was their name.

Today is a good day to drive Thing.

Jetta needs an oil change.

Vanagon will need its middle seat for this trip.

Others are derivatives. My wife's Golf is "Golfie." Our daughter's Tiguan is "Tiggie." My Tiguan is "TiggeR."

When we got our '71, I was inspired by the European special edition version of the Sports Bug -- the GSR, which as many of you know from the '14 special edition stood for yellow and black racer. Although I changed it in many ways, I did not mimic the GSR. It became "The Shantung Cruiser" for the type yellow it was, or just "Cruiser."

The Turbo S has gone through several names as above. First, it was "Beetle." Then, "Cruiser." Then, "Silver Cruiser." More recently, "Silver Ghost." This was a semi-tribute to my dad. When he was getting along in years, he called his walker his "Rolls Royce," and "Silver Ghost" was a model of Rolls Royce.

I have thought about naming it "disTURBed" or "DisTURBO." I have also thought about calling in "Reflex" as sort of a jab at myself. I was a long time opponent to owning a silver car, but dagnabbit, I like the Turbo S in silver, and that's what I got.

Reactions: dnyed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since mine is Cyber Green I wanted to give it a Cyber tech name, no luck so far. I thought is "Bugz" today but not sure if it is a good one. My 1971 Westfalia Camper is named Sam, short for Samantha. I used to paint old VW hubcaps and painted what I thought Sam would look like sitting on the Bus. I attached the painting.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2010 red VW beetle and her name is June bug !!! I call her June bug because she had lady bug floor mats and air fresheners and even has eyelashes!
Hehe) Where did you buy such eyelashes for your car? It looks very funny! I would buy for my wife's car, for fun

101 - 112 of 112 Posts