VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2007 convertible Beetle. (duh)
The windows are not closing flush against the door frame. There's like a half-inch gap between my driver's door and the car itself. The passenger door has the same issue. The windows roll up and down like they should and do the "open an inch" so you can open the door thing. It's not pinch protection either. HELP ME :(

Attachments

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
It is hard to tell from the picture, but I am thinking the problem is NOT with the front window, but the rear windows being tilted in to far?? It looks like the rear window is on the INSIDE of the rear window gasket, not in the middle of the window gasket?

Can you take a picture with the top open and the windows up?

Chances are if the rear windows are the problem, someone had to replace the rear windows cables/regulators. Most replace just the cables and not the regulators do to the cost. If the cables were replaced, chances are the window adjustment was not far out unless the person replacing the cables had NO IDEA what they were doing.

There are 3 bolts that hold the window regulator into the body that are adjustable for the rear glass position and tilt. The glass also moves around the 3 bolts that hold the glass in the regulator that can be adjusted for the glass height and front to back and parallel position as compared to the front glass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts