NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no this has come up but I can't seem to find any links in the search. I had to go down to CA to see my sister whom was suffering from Cancer
I drove my wife's 2006 VW Beetle down to save on the price of gas. While driving down and back I hit winds that seemed to just push the rear of the Beetle around a bit, little shakes or bumps. I was wondering if a rear spoiler installed would elevate most of this vortex from the rear causing the smaller turbulences. The Beetle itself cuts into the wind nicely other than a left or right cross wind.
Anyone confirm that installing one would help in deflecting the wing vortex from the rear of the car. Also what type as I see there are a couple of designs for the Beetles.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Where were you driving? I know, certain areas; like the long down hill, driving from arizona, into socal and into LA with the wind mills, is particularly windy and can make any car feel like it is being pushed around by it. The wing questions, is a good one; maybe others can chime in on that. Are you shocks and struts in good condition; are they the originals and/or have they ever been changed? After 13 years of use, it might be time for new ones and have the whole suspension checked out for wear and see if you are in need of an alignment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts