NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the threads here about some of the problems y'all have had with the Electronic Immobilizer in the 2006 NB, I decided to talk to my dealer about the problem, and have them check out my brand new beetle before I pick it up tonight. She said: "Our Service Department just received the Recall Bulletin". So, they are fixing my new car before I buy it. It leaves me with a creepy feeling to have a car fixed before I actually buy it, but then again I just put $5,500 into my 2000 Toyota Spyder over the past 9 months....
My the force be with all of the 06 NB owners!
Linda

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
To be fair.. the 06 a totally new car from the engine to the fenders to the headlights to the insides to the newly redesigned cluster (that's been failing in some TDIs) and of course the immobilizer. Aas long as the dealer is cooperative in fixing the issue you should be good to go. Keep us up to date on it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Parts! ARG!

Well, it turns out the dealer I am buying my new beetle from has to ship parts in to fix the recall issue. I won't be able to pick her up until Wednesday! Hey, for anyone who's buying an 06', negotiate to get the new iPod adapter (it's a very cool accessory) if you use an iPod, and have them program out the auto lock at 7mph before you pick up the car (if you don't like that feature). I negotiated the whole thing via email with the internet salesperson, and got a much fairer deal than I ever would have in person, I am sure of that.
Cheers, Linda

1 - 4 of 4 Posts