NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
each time I fill up with gas, the beetle won't start immediately. only after several attempts.

So I researched online and I replaced the evap purge valve (the black valve with 2 hoses and 1 plug, near the coolant tank) but still does it.

So can anybody explain how this evap is supposed to work or what else I might try to solve this issue?

Is it simply not pumping fuel to the injectors because of too much vacuum in tank or what is the issue?

thanks

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
each time I fill up with gas, the beetle won't start immediately. only after several attempts.

So I researched online and I replaced the evap purge valve (the black valve with 2 hoses and 1 plug, near the coolant tank) but still does it.

So can anybody explain how this evap is supposed to work or what else I might try to solve this issue?

Is it simply not pumping fuel to the injectors because of too much vacuum in tank or what is the issue?

thanks
Did you buy a genuine part or aftermarket? I don't think I've ever heard of the purge valve not fixing the problem..

If the valve is fine, I have no clue what else to check.. gas cap?

Were the codes cleared after the valve was replaced? Not sure if that would help or not.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My 98 NB had the same issue. I had to change the EVAP valve and the coolant sensor. There is two sets of contacts on that sensor. One set goes to the dummy light "blue light" and the other goes to the computer. That contact went bad on mine and the computer thought the engine was still cold and enriched the fuel mixture and flood out. I'm not saying that's your problem, but you have the same issues I had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts