NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, okay, I'll show you my stuff! By stuff I mean face. And sometimes appendages.

I'll start off with a fun one, even though it's kind of old. I was at a hotel with some friends. I decided to hang them from the ceiling. My glow-in-the-dark pants must have had something to do with it.

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was a few years ago when I finally got some inflatable furniture. Hooray!

Plus, my mom made that coat for my dad when they were in college. I love big hoods!

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my cousin's Bar Mitzvah a few years ago, before I decided to grow my hair out. By the way, I'm neither a crook, nor a pirate.

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, this one isn't even of me, but I swear it looks like me! Plus, there are a couple of cute girls hanging off of my look alike.

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a unicycle a while back and decided to learn to balance on it in the corner of the computer room before I tried to brave the outdoors. I actually got fairly good (at not falling over in the first 20 seconds), but I've lost it again due to lack of practice.

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We love some bad foods in my family. We used to go to Steak and Shake almost every night we were in St Louis visiting my mom's extended family. At 12:30 in the morning! My younger brother came up with the name Cajunga for that meal.

Well, not far from the quality of Steak and Shake is White Castle. A couple of years ago, while driving back to Oklahoma with my mom and brother, we stopped to get a Crave Case, a cardboard briefcase full of 30 White Castle belly bombers. We ate them the whole way home with a few left to spare! And plenty of toxic gas to last a week.

We don't call them belly bombers for nothing!

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And now for the haircut that started it all!

I went in for a trim, but had forgotten to decrease the beard before I went, so I told the girl, saying I'd take that off when I got home. She was doing the haircut and asked if I wanted her to help with the beard, so I said sure. I saw the clippers, but assumed there was a short guard on them. But it sure did feel close to the skin. I asked if she was taking the beard all the way off, and she said "of course."

"Whatever," I said as I turned to face the mirror, thinking she was kidding. She wasn't kidding! "I was just going to trim that up," I let her know. She commented on how I said I was going to take it off. What I'd said was that I was going to take it off! So I tried the goatee look.

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't I look thrilled?

After evening the rest of my facial hair out a couple of weeks later, I didn't trim my beard for 15 months. A quarter of that time was spent travelling the country on my grand layoff adventure, Jacob's Interstate Roadshow!

This was me during the next President's Day.

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went along that theme a few other times, celebrating Abraham Lincoln on his birthday. Well, at least the Monday we celebrate his birthday on!

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Speaking of Halloween, I had a really lame Darth Vader costume with a really nice Lightsaber a few years ago. Reminded me of the time I went to the music shop to buy DVDs and music on tape. I am quite the conundrum!

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My cousin had graduated from hair stylist school and wanted to use me as a guinea pig. Or maybe a sheep for the shearing!

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now, I'm not proud of this shot, but my hair looked great!

I really hope I don't find this posted on the internet somewhere. Oh, wait a minute...

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah, back to Star Wars, I decided to get dressed up to see Attack of the Clones on opening night. This is my vintage Vader Saber that makes noise from air moving through it as you swing it. Classic!

By the way. No, I've never been to a sci-fi convention, I just like watching the movies with people that really enjoy them. There's just something about a midnight premier! And if you go, you's just gots to dress up!

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man, I can't believe I'm posting some of these!

Yet another Bar Mitzvah, this one with a cowboy theme. I guess I got a little too into it. I couldn't afford a 10 gallon hat, so I just put on a lot of 1 gallon hats.

Attachments

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I donated my hair to Locks of Love for the second time this last October. I hadn't documented the process very well the first time, and may have overdone it to make up for that this time around.

This was a couple of days before the last cutting.

and one without the mirror in the way.

And then I tried my own hand (and comb) at ratting it out. Ouch!

I'm a crazy man.

With my finger next to the outlet! I love that I totally missed it! But I'd hate for this to have been for real.

At least my hair covered up that mistake this time.

And then the night before I went in to get harvested, in my only other Relay for Life shirt. It took a lot of conditioner to get that back in control!

This was me in the chair, right after the girl had tied my hair up, to make it easier to collect.

And then a little more work on her part so she wouldn't have to worry about too much ending up on the floor.

My wackiness shining through. Honestly, I was trying to hold my hair down!;)

And the after shot.

It's weird how a head full of hair feels 3 feet in front of your body.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts