NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok dumb question time.

I have looked at the TDI belt kits (high dollar ones) and there is a belt tensioner on this list.

Are there two tensioners on this engine? If there is, should I replace the other while doing this?

I already going to add to list to replaced, thermostat & (o-ring), lower radiator hose, and having the intercooler cleaned, and install the diesel geek race pipe.

Any thing else I should do?

Thanks,

Tony

·
Cherchez la coeur...
977 Posts
I have looked at the TDI belt kits (high dollar ones) and there is a belt tensioner on this list. Are there two tensioners on this engine? If there is, should I replace the other while doing this? I already going to add to list to replaced, thermostat & (o-ring), lower radiator hose, and having the intercooler cleaned, and install the diesel geek race pipe. Any thing else I should do?

Yes and no. FOr the timing belt, there are two idler rollers and one large tensioning roller. The accessory belt is tensioned via a different mechanism. the main thing I would do while doing a TB change is the water pump. Get a good one, like from Jim at dieselGeek, when you buy the deluxe TB kit from him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts