VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Awesome pics! Would love to see the interior and engine too! :) tell us about the story of Bert; how you found him and what have you done to him, since you got him? That is interesting about VW Racing doing the conversion; so, I guess, technically he isn't a production RSi but a converted one!!! I didn't know VW Racing; offered these types of services; was he a stock New Beetle to begin with? What engine and transmission; does he have? :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Adele
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He started life as a 1.8turbo and was bought by one of the directors of VW Racing. He put the kit on and used to take him along to the race circuits where he was pretty well known.. I have owned him for 3 years and he was a bit of a mess, I think whoever bought him after his Vw Racing years neglected him and didn't really know what he had... I was the second owner after his conversion and the first owner only had him a few months. I have done quite a lot of mechhanical bits and also had all the front resprayed as the scoop was black and I didn't like it... He was also full of race stickers which I removed. He has been re mapped and has lots of race bits fitted. He has the full body kit although I had to source the top spoiler as that was never fitted. He is lowered on coilovers and has the RSI racing wheels... Inside he is full leather with all the extras. So that's my Bert :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
He started life as a 1.8turbo and was bought by one of the directors of VW Racing. He put the kit on and used to take him along to the race circuits where he was pretty well known.. I have owned him for 3 years and he was a bit of a mess, I think whoever bought him after his Vw Racing years neglected him and didn't really know what he had... I was the second owner after his conversion and the first owner only had him a few months. I have done quite a lot of mechhanical bits and also had all the front resprayed as the scoop was black and I didn't like it... He was also full of race stickers which I removed. He has been re mapped and has lots of race bits fitted. He has the full body kit although I had to source the top spoiler as that was never fitted. He is lowered on coilovers and has the RSI racing wheels... Inside he is full leather with all the extras. So that's my Bert :)
Please share some interior pics and also specs of the engine if you want . . .

·
Ooo shiny!
154 Posts
Wow; I love him!
Can't drive a lowered car where I live, cause of all the speed bumps and drain dips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts